Engine block color

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Engine block color

Postby Morsel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:00 pm

I don't know why every time I try to search this forum it tells me my search perimeters are off and I'm sure this has probably been discussed a few time on this forum... but anyway...

I'm new to this forum first of all... I've been a lurker for years, so hello to all of you :)

I've had my 66 GT K-Code fastback for about 22 years, I'm in the process of restoring and detailing the engine compartment. Currently my block color is black, but from several other K-Code people I've talked to, I've been told that for my year and time frame, the block should be Ford Blue. My car was built at the San Jose plant on February 10th 1966.

Anyone have any idea or know where a good place to look would be to find the correct color info before I start the engine block painting part of my project?

Thanks...
Morsel
OKKupied

Re: Engine block color

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. It is always good to have new people on here.

Your entire engine should be Ford blue as black is for 1965.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Re: Engine block color

Postby Morsel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Sweet, I was pretty sure that was correct and it's what I'm hearing as well on other forums, just wanted to double check before I go forward with it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to post some picture as the project gets close to completion.
Morsel
OKKupied

Return to Restoration