Carter 3939s fuel pump - non button top?

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Carter 3939s fuel pump - non button top?

Postby Mick65K » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:46 am

I have a CARbureTER fuel pump STAMPED 3939s with the X in the casting. Also has O-1573 8 on the body & E3 on the mounting flange. It is a non button top & is a screwed together type - not crimped, with the fuel filter screwed onto the bottom. I Was told Freds Classic rebuilt it & is as new. There is a large Spring on the underside of the arm but I can't see a second spring on top of the arm? Also, the arm has 177-188 stamped on it? My other 289 button top fuel pump arm has a 177-220 stamping?
Any help identifying what its application is for would be appreciated.
*tried to upload a photo but it didn't work :|
Mick65K
eKsposed

Re: Carter 3939s fuel pump - non button top?

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 am

Mick65K wrote:I have a CARbureTER fuel pump STAMPED 3939s with the X in the casting. Also has O-1573 8 on the body & E3 on the mounting flange. It is a non button top & is a screwed together type - not crimped, with the fuel filter screwed onto the bottom. I Was told Freds Classic rebuilt it & is as new. There is a large Spring on the underside of the arm but I can't see a second spring on top of the arm? Also, the arm has 177-188 stamped on it? My other 289 button top fuel pump arm has a 177-220 stamping?
Any help identifying what its application is for would be appreciated.
*tried to upload a photo but it didn't work :|

I am unclear as to where you acquired the pump but I am Freds Classics and I can tell you, based on my records, that I did not ever rebuild a screw together pump that was a 3939-S. Please send me photos to my email address and not as a PM.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby Mick65K » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:06 am

Thanks for your reply Fred, I bought it on eBay in Sydney Australia, I had never heard of you until the seller told me you rebuilt it. Obviously lied but it looks to be in excellent condition. Useless to me now as when I compared the arm to the correct 289 one, it is shorter so was hoping to find its correct application to recoup my money. Will not advertise it as one you rebuilt now that you have advised its not one of yours. I will send photos tonight, can you advise your email address? Regards, Michael
Mick65K
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:39 am

If you look below the avatar and name in the box on the right hand side of this screen you will see two places to click for communications. One says PM beside it and the other one has a picture of an envelope. The one with the envelope is the email one. To make it simpler for now:
fredsclassics@hotmail.com

When taking your pictures, also look for a number that is engraved on the gasket surface of the mounting flange. It will generally be just a letter and a number and NOT the E3 that you found stamped onto the edge of the mounting flange.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby Mick65K » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:27 am

To 'make it simpler' you could have just given me the email without the condescending instructions Fred, unlike yourself, I don't live on this website.
No point sending photos as it seems you have no intention of helping me identify the pump - the last time I visit this website - Site moderator, please remove me as a member.
Mick65K
eKsposed

Postby zray » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:20 am

Mick65K wrote:To 'make it simpler' you could have just given me the email without the condescending instructions Fred, unlike yourself, I don't live on this website.
No point sending photos as it seems you have no intention of helping me identify the pump - the last time I visit this website - Site moderator, please remove me as a member.

Fred, I'm shaking my head over this nonsense. You just can't please all the people all the time, and nobody but nobody tries harder than you.

Z.
zray
LunatiK

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:18 am

zray wrote:
Mick65K wrote:To 'make it simpler' you could have just given me the email without the condescending instructions Fred, unlike yourself, I don't live on this website.

Fred, I'm shaking my head over this nonsense. You just can't please all the people all the time, and nobody but nobody tries harder than you.

Z.

I was just trying to help him understand how the site works as not all of these message boards work the same way. I did put my email address in the message so I do not know what more I could have done.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:41 am

zray wrote:

Z.

Thank you for the nice comment, Z.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby KCodeCoupe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:44 am

+1 on what Z stated.
Fred, you have ALWAYS gone out of your way to help folks - whether a seasoned veteran or a newbie.
I, for one, have been on the receiving end of your willingness to share info and greatly appreciated!
His response is bizarre.
65 Silver Smoke Gray GT K Coupe, 67 Vintage Burgandy GT K Coupe, 84 GT Convertible original owner with 1800 miles,
1986 Oxford White SVO, 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302, 2016 Shadow Black Shelby GT350 R
KCodeCoupe
RidiKulous

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:51 am

KCodeCoupe wrote:+1 on what Z stated.
Fred, you have ALWAYS gone out of your way to help folks - whether a seasoned veteran or a newbie.
I, for one, have been on the receiving end of your willingness to share info and greatly appreciated!
His response is bizarre.

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. It is good to know that I have been helpful, at least sometimes. :)

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby Morsel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm

I agree as well. I saw nothing strange in your response. I'm personally very thankful for how helpful you've been with all my issues and all the great stuff you've been going out of your way to help me find.

I know myself and many others appreciate all you contribute on this forum and to us personally.

Jason
Morsel
OKKupied

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Morsel wrote:I agree as well. I saw nothing strange in your response. I'm personally very thankful for how helpful you've been with all my issues and all the great stuff you've been going out of your way to help me find.

I know myself and many others appreciate all you contribute on this forum and to us personally.

Jason

Thank you for your kind words as well. Jason.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to Restoration