Suitable Replacement for a C6ZF-F Carb

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Suitable Replacement for a C6ZF-F Carb

Postby 6S1284 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 am

Newb here -
Appreciate the knowledge shared since I discovered this board 24 hours ago!
I am refreshing my Hertz car I've had for 30 years. It has a Holly carb which is incorrect. No way I can afford the right carb (C6ZF-F). Would anyone have any recommendations for a suitable autolite carb that a normal person can afford? Hopefully with 600cfm and 1.12 venturis.
Thanks for helping the new guy out.
Dave
6S1284
eKsposed

Re: Suitable Replacement for a C6ZF-F Carb

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:21 am

6S1284 wrote:Newb here -
Appreciate the knowledge shared since I discovered this board 24 hours ago!
I am refreshing my Hertz car I've had for 30 years. It has a Holly carb which is incorrect. No way I can afford the right carb (C6ZF-F). Would anyone have any recommendations for a suitable autolite carb that a normal person can afford? Hopefully with 600cfm and 1.12 venturis.
Thanks for helping the new guy out.
Dave

Most any 4100 with 1.12 venturis from 1965 and 1966 can be made to work although they will have an automatic choke. This can be somewhat converted with a manual choke kit although it will be obvious to anyone in the know. There are a couple of modifications needed to make the manual choke conversion fit the casting of the carburetor. They will, of course, have the wrong boosters but you can pretty much jet around them.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to Restoration