Paint/body shop in So. Cal.

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Paint/body shop in So. Cal.

Postby Ronzcars » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm ready to turn my '65 fastback over to someone for body work and painting. I've got it pretty much dismantled--glass, interior, engine-trans, etc.--out. And now I'm on to the next step of looking for an honest and talented paint and body shop in southern California to take on the project. I think word of mouth among vintage Mustang owners is probably the best possibly way to find the right shop, so I'm posting it here. A shop that's done early Mustangs in the past would be a plus, but especially shops that do excellent work and stand behind their product is probably most important. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been through this before in So. Cal. and came out happy with the results. Many thanks, Ron...
Ronzcars
AttraKted

Re: Paint/body shop in So. Cal.

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:33 am

I wish you the best of luck on this as most body shops in SoCal these days only want insurance work. If they take on a restoration type of body and paint job they tend to use it as a filler between insurance work. This, of course, adds to the time in the shop.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Re: Paint/body shop in So. Cal.

Postby 289kford » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:12 am

if you don't mind trailering to Ohio http://buckeyeclassiccarrestoration.com/
Yes, you probably will have a tough time at most shops, they do not want to do rust repair. But in SoCal, I would think you have some shops that do old cars only.
When I had mine painted, I went to 6 shops asking who WANTED to do the work, not for somebody that would be ASSIGNED the job. I think it mattered.
These guys I linked to did not do my car so I don't have direct knowledge. I ended up in the body shop of the Ford dealer I worked at the time. Better rate and a little more control ;)
289kford
Kommitted

Return to Restoration