Rangoon Red

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Rangoon Red

Postby Ronzcars » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with color questions, but I've got another one: My '65 fastback is still wearing the original factory Rangoon Red paint, and of course it's faded and overdue for a repaint. I'm scheduled to hand it over to the painter in about a month and I'm concerned about getting the Rangoon Red color correct. I've seen many restored Rangoon Red Mustangs over the years that either had too much red or too much orange in the color and to my eye looked border line terrible next to the restored cars that got the Rangoon Red spot on. So to make sure my painter gets it right the first time, do I need to find Ford's original color codes and paint brand names for him, or is there a better way to ensure I don't end up with a color that looks more Poppy or Candyapple Red than Rangoon? Thanks for any suggestions. I really want to get this color correct the first time around. Ron...
Ronzcars
AttraKted

Re: Rangoon Red

Postby zray » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:53 pm

The color codes are easy to find, but that doesn't mean you'll like the end result.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Return to Restoration