HIPO Fan

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

HIPO Fan

Postby Ronzcars » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm continuing to go through about 20 boxes of parts that came off my 1965 K code fastback when I disassembled it 20 years ago for a restoration that stalled until recently. As expected, a "few" questions are popping up here and there regarding correct parts and this one involves the fan: the one in my inventory is a 4 blade fan and the only stamp mark I can find is on the front and it is simple this: 2H. Would like to know if this is correct for my Mustang which is a San Jose car that was assembled February 16, 1965. And if it's not, what should I be looking for? Many thanks everyone! More questions to follow, I'm sure, as I continue to inspect and inventory the contents of all these boxes. Ron...
Last edited by Ronzcars on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronzcars
AttraKted

Re: HIPO Fan

Postby 289kford » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:33 pm

see the thread about 3 down, 'USED 4 BLADE HIPO FAN' . pictures there.
289kford
Kommitted

Postby Ronzcars » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55 pm

289kford: In my original post I said my fan is a 6 blade. My goof. It's a 4 blade with the "2H" stamp on it. I corrected the post. As to the thread you mentioned where one is for sale with pictures, I can't locate it. When you say " see the thread about 3 down," do you mean in the classified section? I did a search on "used 4 blade hipo fan" and got 177 hits! Can you narrow down where the one you mentioned is? I would really like to see the pictures. Thanks, Ron
Ronzcars
AttraKted

Postby Morsel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Ronzcars wrote:289kford: In my original post I said my fan is a 6 blade. My goof. It's a 4 blade with the "2H" stamp on it. I corrected the post. As to the thread you mentioned where one is for sale with pictures, I can't locate it. When you say " see the thread about 3 down," do you mean in the classified section? I did a search on "used 4 blade hipo fan" and got 177 hits! Can you narrow down where the one you mentioned is? I would really like to see the pictures. Thanks, Ron

Here ya go, it's in this tread at the bottom, lot's of photos...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=348

Hope this helps,

Jason
Morsel
OKKupied

Thanks...

Postby Ronzcars » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Thanks, Jason. The photos were a big help. Obviously mine is aftermarket, not original. Ron...
Ronzcars
AttraKted

Return to Restoration