Help me Buy my next exhaust system

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Help me Buy my next exhaust system

Postby evantugby » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am

Help me find my next exhaust system!

Budget: less than $1500. I'll install myself
Size: which size? 2", 2 1/2", 3"
Sound: Looking for a sound that fits a 1966 K-kar. So flowmaster, magnaflow etc...?
Location: Should I do side dumps right behind the door or take it all the way to the rear of the kar?
H or X-pipe: Would like to say true to the H-pipe exhaust unless there is overwhelming reason why I should convert to X-pipe.
Exhaust manifold or Tri-Y headers: Most of you know my K-code is a Shelby GT-350 tribute. However I still run original K-code exhaust headers. Should I convert to Tri-Y headers like Shelby did?
Would appreciate a recommendation and your thoughts.

Thanks all!
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Re: Help me Buy my next exhaust system

Postby 289kford » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:29 am

I would like the tri-y's if I could do it. You can still do the crossover h-pipe, or x. I would run all the way back.
I'm running Magnaflow with the stock 2" pipes. . No drone at all, nice sound, rumble at cruise. loud at throttle. Not a fan of Flowmaster. I've never been able to audition the Arvinode in person. It came out after I changed my system out anyway.
Youtube video's give an idea, maybe on x vs h pipe too.
289kford
Kommitted

Return to Restoration