what hydraulic cam and lifters

Tired of racKing your head? Tap in to someone else's experience, just asK for some advice.

what hydraulic cam and lifters

Postby Falken » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:22 am

i want to replace the hydraulic cam and lifters that was installed in my 1965 k code hipo engine .I want to stay with a hydraulic setup.Can anyone recommend a manufacture that has a setup that is comparable to the original solid lifter cam?Thanks.
Falken
AttraKted

Re: what hydraulic cam and lifters

Postby zray » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:14 pm

zray
LunatiK

Re: what hydraulic cam and lifters

Postby griffbl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:09 am

I know you say you want Hydraulic, and I just installed the 271s Comp Cam which is incredible.....very tight lash for a solid lift cam at only .012 set hot. I am about to post a write up soon. The 271H that Zray pointed out is very close and hydraulic as you prefer. But then again, Z is right about most anything K related! He also pointed out to me that the EDM lifters Comp Cams produces have an oiling hole on the face of the lifter to better lubricate the Cam. That is another advantage of the Solid Cam, is a better lifter with this feature. Finally, hydraulic or solid, use Comp Cams roller tipped rockers. It is not a full roller, just has a roller that rides on the valve tip for decreased friction. This alone adds a bit of HP, and it will clear factory style valve covers. My Comp Cams Poly Locks interfered in one place only with this set up on a valve cover baffle, and we simply bent the baffle only slightly for full clearance. Hope this helps.
Brad

1965 Black / White K code GT
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1970 Mustang Boss 302
1976 Pontiac Trans Am
2014 Ford F150
2015 Mustang GT 50TH Wimbledon White
griffbl
AttraKted

Return to Koncerns & Troubleshooting