HiPo fan blade pitch

Tired of racKing your head? Tap in to someone else's experience, just asK for some advice.

HiPo fan blade pitch

Postby proudKowner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Does anyone know what the pitch of the blades are of a HiPo fan? I supposedly have a reproduction 4 blade HiPo cooling fan on my Kar but I have nothing to compare it to. Anyone have pictures that would show the difference in a HiPo fan vs. a non-HiPo fan?

I've heard people say the HiPo fan moves a lot more air but to me mine doesn't move a lot more air. When the car is idling I barely feel any air blowing across the engine, most of it comes out the side of the fan at idle. Of course when the RPM is brought up, say around 1200 RPM, lots more air blows across the engine.

My car has the correct shroud and fan spacer.
proudKowner
Kommitted

Re: HiPo fan blade pitch

Postby 289kford » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 pm

The fans job is to pull air through the radiator. If it's doing that, your good. I have seen pics of original and repop, general appearance is the same, can't attest to actual pitch. Now, it could be on backwards, which would have what should be the leading edge as the trailing edge and the 'cupping' would be wrong.
Last edited by 289kford on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
289kford
Kommitted

Re: HiPo fan blade pitch

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:01 pm

proudKowner wrote:Does anyone know what the pitch of the blades are of a HiPo fan? I supposedly have a reproduction 4 blade HiPo cooling fan on my Kar but I have nothing to compare it to. Anyone have pictures that would show the difference in a HiPo fan vs. a non-HiPo fan?

I've heard people say the HiPo fan moves a lot more air but to me mine doesn't move a lot more air. When the car is idling I barely feel any air blowing across the engine, most of it comes out the side of the fan at idle. Of course when the RPM is brought up, say around 1200 RPM, lots more air blows across the engine.

My car has the correct shroud and fan spacer.

If you post a couple of pictures of your fan on here, I can tell you for sure what you have. Another option if you are unable to figure out how to post pictures here, is to send me an email.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to Koncerns & Troubleshooting