Looking for 2nd Opinions

Tired of racKing your head? Tap in to someone else's experience, just asK for some advice.

Looking for 2nd Opinions

Postby bpmdu » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:36 am

Happy holiday weekend all! I realize this is a K code forum but I wanted to see if I could get a second opinion on a C code. It's actually not a car I'd ever consider but the car was originally sold by my grandfather at their Ford dealership in Mount Vernon. The Mount Vernon area was essentially a farming community at the time and 99 percent of the vehicles sold there were practical vehicles purchased for farm work or family. They probably sold 4, maybe 5, Mustangs over the course of roughly 25 years so the odds of finding a fastback Mustang with Mount Vernon Ford paperwork are astronomical.
I wanted to see what others opinions were of the car from what they see. I'm no expert on engine correctness or mechanicals. I have noted that the interior is not original nor is the radio (obviously). The steering wheel is a Grant repop, the center console is also not original nor is the rally pac. Power steering was added and dual brake master cylinder conv. The stripes are not original (and must go immediately!) The service records seem to indicate the car has been well serviced through the years. We haven't quite identified when the car moved to CA but it does appear that the claim it's a "two owner car" isn't accurate.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious before we consider buying a car simply for the name on the sales invoice.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-ford-mustang-fastback-4/?blm=1
bpmdu
eKsposed

Re: Looking for 2nd Opinions

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Yes, there are a lot of changes from original but overall a fairly solid car barring the one floor replacement. Just a quick note regarding the console. The original console is still there below the add on piece.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby bpmdu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Meant to follow back up on this, appreciate the feedback Fred. It's always good to have a sanity check. Cars coming back to Iowa. :)
bpmdu
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:44 am

bpmdu wrote:Meant to follow back up on this, appreciate the feedback Fred. It's always good to have a sanity check. Cars coming back to Iowa. :)

Congratulations on getting what you want with this car. It sounds like you will be giving it a good home.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby bpmdu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:56 pm

The search is still on! Still looking for something with a manual in it ;)
bpmdu
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:57 pm

bpmdu wrote:The search is still on! Still looking for something with a manual in it ;)

So did you not get this one after all?

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby bpmdu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 am

Yeah, we did buy this one but that was mostly a nostalgia purposes purchase. What I'm really after is a manual :D
bpmdu
eKsposed

Return to Koncerns & Troubleshooting