Magnaflow Exhaust for GT

Anything from daily drivers to weekend warriors. Get info about performance parts/upgrades and those not-so-original parts.

Magnaflow Exhaust for GT

Postby kookie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello Hipo Gang, anyone install 2.5 magnafow with Drakes 2" GT trumphetes out the rear valance? I am going to do this some how but looking for tips. Will it work?

Thanks
Kookie
kookie
eKsposed

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust for GT

Postby 289kford » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 am

I have stock 2" pipes running Magnaflow (same dimension as stock) mufflers. I think you have clearance issues on 1 side along the fuel tank with the 2.5"..... but people do it.
289kford
Kommitted

Postby zray » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:51 am

289kford wrote:I have stock 2" pipes running Magnaflow (same dimension as stock) mufflers. I think you have clearance issues on 1 side along the fuel tank with the 2.5"..... but people do it.

I have room at that spot with my MagnaFlow 2.5" system. Since it's not hitting anything, or coming close, I don't see where there is an issue. However my pipes turn down ( no GT ). I'll try to post a photo of the exhaust the next time the car is up on jack stands

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby 289kford » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:15 am

I wondered why 2.5 was supposed to be a problem, since the factory resonators fit in there. When I was researching for mine, I remember reading at the Vintage Mustang forum that fitting 2.5 or larger was difficult on the driver side. I figured the exhaust companies wouldn't make a system that didn't fit.
The only reason I didn't go to at least 2.25 was because my H-pipe was OK.
289kford
Kommitted

Postby kookie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Thank you for your response. Magnaflow sent me pics of one of their installations on a 65 GT. i think I will do differently. I saw an installation by ( Hanksville Hot Rods ) that they did that looks more too what I am looking to do.

Mark
kookie
eKsposed

Return to Modified