FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:49 am

Here is an NOS FoMoCo dual point distributor by Ebay seller Sunshine302 that sold March 1, 2014 for $800.00:

This auction is for a Virgin NOS 289 HiPo FoMoCo dual point distributor. This original 289 HiPo dual point distributor was purchase from a Ford estate sale a long with other Ford engine parts. Bend in storage sent 1968. Part number on FoMoCo aluminum housing C50F-12127-E. Date code 8B27. Part number cast on lower part of aluminum housing C50F-12131-B. Correct fit for the 1965/68 289 HiPo engine in the Mustang GT or Fairlane GT.** HiPo distributor comes complete as in the pictures with all NOS FoMoCo Autolite points, Autolite condenser, primary wire right from the Ford factory. **Last one with out box, not include in auction.**If you are totally restoring you HiPo car to 100% concord, then this hard to fine un-molested beautiful virgin FoMoCo aluminum housing does not get any better then this one! This is Not like the use rebuilt 289 HiPo glass beaded FoMoCo aluminum housing out there.This HiPo FoMoCo dual point distributor still has it's 100% patina aluminum finish! Buyer responsible for correct fit.**I can do a Buy It Now if you would like. Or bid freely.
** Please look at all the pictures. **Please ask question before auction end.**Insurance fee will be added at end of auction base on sold price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-289-HiPo-Fo ... 7675.l2557

-Fred-


Note that this is a very late FoMoCo replacement unit as it is dated February 27, 1968 which would be incorrect for any original Kars.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:17 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:Here is an NOS FoMoCo dual point distributor by Ebay seller Sunshine302 that sold March 1, 2014 for $800.00:

This auction is for a Virgin NOS 289 HiPo FoMoCo dual point distributor. This original 289 HiPo dual point distributor was purchase from a Ford estate sale a long with other Ford engine parts. Bend in storage sent 1968. Part number on FoMoCo aluminum housing C50F-12127-E. Date code 8B27. Part number cast on lower part of aluminum housing C50F-12131-B. Correct fit for the 1965/68 289 HiPo engine in the Mustang GT or Fairlane GT.** HiPo distributor comes complete as in the pictures with all NOS FoMoCo Autolite points, Autolite condenser, primary wire right from the Ford factory. **Last one with out box, not include in auction.**If you are totally restoring you HiPo car to 100% concord, then this hard to fine un-molested beautiful virgin FoMoCo aluminum housing does not get any better then this one! This is Not like the use rebuilt 289 HiPo glass beaded FoMoCo aluminum housing out there.This HiPo FoMoCo dual point distributor still has it's 100% patina aluminum finish! Buyer responsible for correct fit.**I can do a Buy It Now if you would like. Or bid freely.
** Please look at all the pictures. **Please ask question before auction end.**Insurance fee will be added at end of auction base on sold price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-289-HiPo-Fo ... 7675.l2557



Note that this is a very late FoMoCo replacement unit as it is dated February 27, 1968 which would be incorrect for any original Kars.

-Fred-


Quite right. Can't figure out why someone spent that much...
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby livetoride60 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:42 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:Here is an NOS FoMoCo dual point distributor by Ebay seller Sunshine302 that sold March 1, 2014 for $800.00:

This auction is for a Virgin NOS 289 HiPo FoMoCo dual point distributor. This original 289 HiPo dual point distributor was purchase from a Ford estate sale a long with other Ford engine parts. Bend in storage sent 1968. Part number on FoMoCo aluminum housing C50F-12127-E. Date code 8B27. Part number cast on lower part of aluminum housing C50F-12131-B. Correct fit for the 1965/68 289 HiPo engine in the Mustang GT or Fairlane GT.** HiPo distributor comes complete as in the pictures with all NOS FoMoCo Autolite points, Autolite condenser, primary wire right from the Ford factory. **Last one with out box, not include in auction.**If you are totally restoring you HiPo car to 100% concord, then this hard to fine un-molested beautiful virgin FoMoCo aluminum housing does not get any better then this one! This is Not like the use rebuilt 289 HiPo glass beaded FoMoCo aluminum housing out there.This HiPo FoMoCo dual point distributor still has it's 100% patina aluminum finish! Buyer responsible for correct fit.**I can do a Buy It Now if you would like. Or bid freely.
** Please look at all the pictures. **Please ask question before auction end.**Insurance fee will be added at end of auction base on sold price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-289-HiPo-Fo ... 7675.l2557

-Fred-


Unbelievable. Plus the famous **Last one with out box, not include in auction.**

A few pics from the auction.
Attachments
1.JPG
4.JPG
6.JPG
'65 K code Fastback, 4sp, San Jose
'66 C code Coupe, C4, Dearborn
'67 Fairlane Convertible, 3sp, 200 I6
User avatar
livetoride60
RidiKulous
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:52 am

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Here is an NOS FoMoCo dual point distributor by Ebay seller BOSS4TG that sold March 5, 2014 for $850.00:

Mustang hipo Fomoco dual point distributor,

Part number C50F-12127-E with a date code 4HB that should be a very early 1965 Shelby or Hipo Mustang, August of 64. Please verify that this distributor is correct for your application and date coded for your car. I am not saying I am an expert but my books show one thing and yours may be different.

The housing looks to have the original color or patina and does not have any wire brush marks that you usually see when someone tries to clean them. Housing stamped with the correct C50F-E code and Fomoco .The E is a deep stamping and the picture does not show it very well but it is there. Date code is 4HB. Housing also has the part number C50F-12131-B

Shaft moves freely and lower gear looks good. I would suggest a rebuild

Buyer pays shipping.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Here is a C5OF 12127 E distributor for sale on Ebay by seller GGT500 with a starting bid of $595.00:

Original C5OF-12127-E 289 Hi-Po Distributor. Date 5AA, Date Code is January 1965, This is a Original Ford Part.

Distributor Has Been Fully Restored, High End Rebuild of Distribtor, Has Been Calibrated, Advance Setting & RPM Done

To The Highest Standards, Distributor Completely Restored. Ready To install

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181535355682?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:48 am

Here is an early FoMoCo dual point distributor which sold on Ebay by seller mysunshine302 October 14, 2014 for $695.00:

You are bidding on a original NOS Ford FoMoCo housing 289 HiPo (K) code dual point distributor. Correct fit for the 1964 to 1968 289 HiPo engine in the Mustang GT or Shelby or Fairlane or Falcon & AC Cobra. **Comes complete as in all the pictures. Last one with/out the Ford box not included.
Part number on Ford box C5OZ-12127-E. Part number on aluminum housing C5OF-12127-E. Date code 6AD. Number on lower housing C50F-12131-B. **Still has the factory 100% original Patina aluminum housing finish look! Was clean up a little for picture taking. Would work great if you are totally restoring your original 289 HiPo engine or if you lost your 289 HiPo dual point distributor. **I have a Buy It Now if it can help you. **Remember original Ford parts fit and give the best performance! **Insurance will be added at end of auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-HiPo-FoMoCo ... 7675.l2557

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby jwc66k » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:Here is an early FoMoCo dual point distributor which sold on Ebay by seller mysunshine302 October 14, 2014 for $695.00:

You are bidding on a original NOS Ford FoMoCo housing 289 HiPo (K) code dual point distributor. Correct fit for the 1964 to 1968 289 HiPo engine in the Mustang GT or Shelby or Fairlane or Falcon & AC Cobra. **Comes complete as in all the pictures. Last one with/out the Ford box not included.
Part number on Ford box C5OZ-12127-E. Part number on aluminum housing C5OF-12127-E. Date code 6AD. Number on lower housing C50F-12131-B. **Still has the factory 100% original Patina aluminum housing finish look! Was clean up a little for picture taking. Would work great if you are totally restoring your original 289 HiPo engine or if you lost your 289 HiPo dual point distributor. **I have a Buy It Now if it can help you. **Remember original Ford parts fit and give the best performance! **Insurance will be added at end of auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-HiPo-FoMoCo ... 7675.l2557

-Fred-

What do make of the date code overstamp?
Jim
jwc66k
RidiKulous
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:07 am

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Here is a C5OF 12127 E distributor for sale on Ebay by seller GGT500 with a starting bid of $595.00:

Original C5OF-12127-E 289 Hi-Po Distributor. Date 5AA, Date Code is January 1965, This is a Original Ford Part.

Distributor Has Been Fully Restored, High End Rebuild of Distribtor, Has Been Calibrated, Advance Setting & RPM Done

To The Highest Standards, Distributor Completely Restored. Ready To install

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181535355682?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-


This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181565382053?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby Mike Senar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Perogies trying to retire on EVERY PART like usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Senar
eKsposed
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:14 am

Mike Senar wrote:Perogies trying to retire on EVERY PART like usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Agree with that, but this one's listed by the Pony Warehouse and not Perogie.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Here is an early FoMoCo dual point distributor for sale on Ebay by seller GGT500 with a starting bid of $795.00:

This Auction is for a 1965-66 FoMoCo 289 Hi-Po Shelby Mustang Cobra Distributor.

This distributor has been fully done, curve - calibrated, rpm & advance setting done,

housing cleaned and tumbled, New bushing, points, condenser and wire all done

to the Highest Standards. These early units are really getting Very Hard to locate,

Casting in FoMoCo C5OF-12127-E / Date is 4MA First week of December 1964

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181922802764?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:53 am

Auction ended with NO sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:41 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182001959441

-Fred-


And ended again with NO sale.


This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182020052360?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:00 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182020052360?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-


Auction ended with NO bids.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:31 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:
This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182020052360?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-


Auction ended with NO bids.


The problem with this distributor is the price.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:25 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
Auction ended with NO bids.


The problem with this distributor is the price.

-Fred-


Ya think? ;)
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:19 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:
This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182020052360?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-


Auction ended with NO bids.


The problem with this distributor is the price.

-Fred-


This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182032936425?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-[/quote]

This distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182050565992?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Here's a used FoMoCo dual point distributor for sale by eBay member "4vcleveland". for an even $600.00.

DESCRIPTION: "up for bid it a 1965 or 1966 Ford 289 HiPo daul point distributor. this is the real deal for 65 66 ford fairlaine mustang Shelby gt350 Mustang fits all 289 302 engines but it it for the K code 271 horse 289 in the mustang convertible fastback and coupe its also the same distributor that came in the 306 horse power 289 hiPo installed in Shelby mustangs. First off I want to say this needs rebuilt, or reconditioned at the very least tore down and relubed. the distributor turn, but should at the very least torn down cleaned up and lubed. there is some surface rust on the main shaft. this is not bad, but it been sitting for years. it will need a new distributor gear. the one on it has chipped teeth. someone tired to remove it before I got it. it will also need new points condenser lead wire cap and rotor. please don't let all this scare you away, as all distributor should have all those parts replace when they are rebuilt. yes even the gear. most people don't. but the gear wear with the original cam, and if not replaced can cause you problems down the line. I also want you guys to note, THIS IS A FoMoCo housing. this is correct for 1965 and 1966 ford . do NOT be confused with those autolite housing they are completely wrong for a 65 66 model year. autolite first appeared in 1967 so they are not correct for a 65 or 66. the overall condition of this distributor is really good, considering its atleast 50 years old. the housing it truly nice. no dents, gouges, or major scratches. and will clean up well, and detail out really nice. the housing has an engineering number of C5OF 12131 B and has a stanped engineering number of 5OF 12127 E the C that should be in front of the 5 was not stamp good enough for me to make it out, but in the picture you can clearly see something is there. (most likely a C ) the casting date well if you look at the pictures you can see the top parts was stamped on the ridge. looking at it looks like the bottom part of out. so not sure of the date, but if I had to guess I would say it 6D1 it could possible be 5D1 also , I think its off just enough you could probably call it either one ( april 1 1966 or 1965) the main shaft is rusty mostly surface rust from sitting in a garage. but it should clean up nicely. the oil pump drive in the bottom looks very good also.
I was going to send it out and have it rebuilt. but thought the new owner might have a different idea than me. like a roller cam. which requires a different gear, than a stock cam, he might, want to have it recurved for his engine. and he might want to have it convered to a pertonic, or some other electronic ignition.
also the new owner, might be able to do the work himself
in fact other than a few parts, which all rebuilt distributor should get. a tear down clean up, relubed, and parts replaced this one should be easy
this distributor, has never been bead blasted, and all numbers look good and stand out like they should.
the pictures don't show it to well but there are areas, where parts of the body have light and dark areas. that's just the way aluminum gets over time. but should look great with a light polishing
I will be the first to admit I do not know the value on one of these HiPo distributors,
but I have seen autolite distributor bringing up close to $700.
with all that being said I am going to start this at $600
shipping in the lower 48 states will be $25
in will be shipped in a double box, that's right a box inside a box. it will be fully insured to protect you along with myself.
if your have or are restoring a $200,000 Shelby GT350. this might be exactly what you need
oh I forgot to add one of the cap hold down clips is bent. you might be able to straighten it out. but that's a common item, that you can take off another distributor"

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used FoMoCo dual point distributor for sale by eBay member "4vcleveland". for an even $600.00.

DESCRIPTION: "up for bid it a 1965 or 1966 Ford 289 HiPo daul point distributor. this is the real deal for 65 66 ford fairlaine mustang Shelby gt350 Mustang fits all 289 302 engines but it it for the K code 271 horse 289 in the mustang convertible fastback and coupe its also the same distributor that came in the 306 horse power 289 hiPo installed in Shelby mustangs. First off I want to say this needs rebuilt, or reconditioned at the very least tore down and relubed. the distributor turn, but should at the very least torn down cleaned up and lubed. there is some surface rust on the main shaft. this is not bad, but it been sitting for years. it will need a new distributor gear. the one on it has chipped teeth. someone tired to remove it before I got it. it will also need new points condenser lead wire cap and rotor. please don't let all this scare you away, as all distributor should have all those parts replace when they are rebuilt. yes even the gear. most people don't. but the gear wear with the original cam, and if not replaced can cause you problems down the line. I also want you guys to note, THIS IS A FoMoCo housing. this is correct for 1965 and 1966 ford . do NOT be confused with those autolite housing they are completely wrong for a 65 66 model year. autolite first appeared in 1967 so they are not correct for a 65 or 66. the overall condition of this distributor is really good, considering its atleast 50 years old. the housing it truly nice. no dents, gouges, or major scratches. and will clean up well, and detail out really nice. the housing has an engineering number of C5OF 12131 B and has a stanped engineering number of 5OF 12127 E the C that should be in front of the 5 was not stamp good enough for me to make it out, but in the picture you can clearly see something is there. (most likely a C ) the casting date well if you look at the pictures you can see the top parts was stamped on the ridge. looking at it looks like the bottom part of out. so not sure of the date, but if I had to guess I would say it 6D1 it could possible be 5D1 also , I think its off just enough you could probably call it either one ( april 1 1966 or 1965) the main shaft is rusty mostly surface rust from sitting in a garage. but it should clean up nicely. the oil pump drive in the bottom looks very good also.
I was going to send it out and have it rebuilt. but thought the new owner might have a different idea than me. like a roller cam. which requires a different gear, than a stock cam, he might, want to have it recurved for his engine. and he might want to have it convered to a pertonic, or some other electronic ignition.
also the new owner, might be able to do the work himself
in fact other than a few parts, which all rebuilt distributor should get. a tear down clean up, relubed, and parts replaced this one should be easy
this distributor, has never been bead blasted, and all numbers look good and stand out like they should.
the pictures don't show it to well but there are areas, where parts of the body have light and dark areas. that's just the way aluminum gets over time. but should look great with a light polishing
I will be the first to admit I do not know the value on one of these HiPo distributors,
but I have seen autolite distributor bringing up close to $700.
with all that being said I am going to start this at $600
shipping in the lower 48 states will be $25
in will be shipped in a double box, that's right a box inside a box. it will be fully insured to protect you along with myself.
if your have or are restoring a $200,000 Shelby GT350. this might be exactly what you need
oh I forgot to add one of the cap hold down clips is bent. you might be able to straighten it out. but that's a common item, that you can take off another distributor"

eBay Link


I have not been able to quite figure out the date code on this one. The last letter should be an A,B,C,D or E and it does not fit any of those.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby pony65k » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Is the date code 901 or I or 9D1? 69 right?

René
User avatar
pony65k
RidiKulous
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 pm
Location: Australia

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:29 pm

pony65k wrote:Is the date code 901 or I or 9D1? 69 right?

René


Being a FoMoCo casting, it cannot possibly be a 1969 date stamping. The Autolite casting came out around 1967 which replaced the FoMoCo casting although I have had a couple of FoMoCo Hipo 289 castings with a 1968 date stamping as late as June of 1968. There certainly is a possibility that the first number is an 8 which would make the date 8D1 which is April 1, 1968. That does have a strong probability of being correct.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:06 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
I have not been able to quite figure out the date code on this one. The last letter should be an A,B,C,D or E and it does not fit any of those.

-Fred-


Agree it looks weird, maybe it's a mis-stamp???
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby pony65k » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:13 am

Ended with no bids (starting at $600)

Relisted eBay Link

Sold for $450

René
User avatar
pony65k
RidiKulous
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 pm
Location: Australia

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:59 am

pony65k wrote:Ended with no bids (starting at $600)

Relisted eBay Link

Sold for $450

René


Wow! Now that's a lightning fast sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8249
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor

Postby pony65k » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:47 pm

There were always a lot of people watching the item. I guess they were all just waiting for the right price and then BANG. There's a lot of luck involved as we all know. I just happened to need some parts at a time Fred was selling them, pure luck :D

René
User avatar
pony65k
RidiKulous
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 pm
Location: Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest