AUTOLITE Dual Point Distributor

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Re: AUTOLITE Dual Point Distributor

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:59 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member " fastmerc " for a starting bid of $650.00.

"Here is something you don't find every day. I purchased this dual point distributor from the original owner that put it in his 68 Mustang or Cougar, drove it a bit, then pulled it before he sold the car. ....some 35+ years ago!!! Put it back in the box, and on the shelf. I've had it on my shelf for 5+ years or so. Time to go...!

This is an "Autolite" casting in beautiful shape, no reman, no bead blasting, just great original casting finish, still with the original box. Still has an Autolite rotor on it too! It has a date stamp 0A26 (Jan 1970) which indicates this was an over the counter part, likely from the FORD Muscle Parts Catalog. This can be seen on page 29 of that book.

It is also referenced in the 1970 Boss 302 Engine Modification book (pgs 18-19) where for Trans Am racing, it says should either use this distributor, or take the guts out and put them in your Boss distributor if you want to spin up to 8K!

Of course, this can still be used on the 289 HIPO and 302 engines from 64-73-ish as well. Just that the date code will not be correct.

The only problem with this unit, is that the wiring insulation has gone hard over the years. You will need to get a new wire from one of the reproduction/aftermarket vendors. There is one crack in this wire, seen in the first picture, right in the middle. Or put some heat shrink over it and just be careful with the wire routing.

This would also go well in any hipo small block Fairlane, Comet, or Shelby cars as well! This will not work in a 5.0L with a roller cam as is. You would need to change the gear to be compatible with the roller cam metal."

Amazingly expensive unit for being incorrect for any original application.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:39 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member " fastmerc " for a starting bid of $650.00.

-Fred-

Yes it is, and probably won't sell easily if at all. But, it is nice looking, and comes with the box. At least the seller states that the date code is too late for any factory applications.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member " fastmerc " for a starting bid of $650.00.

"Here is something you don't find every day. I purchased this dual point distributor from the original owner that put it in his 68 Mustang or Cougar, drove it a bit, then pulled it before he sold the car. ....some 35+ years ago!!! Put it back in the box, and on the shelf. I've had it on my shelf for 5+ years or so. Time to go...!

This is an "Autolite" casting in beautiful shape, no reman, no bead blasting, just great original casting finish, still with the original box. Still has an Autolite rotor on it too! It has a date stamp 0A26 (Jan 1970) which indicates this was an over the counter part, likely from the FORD Muscle Parts Catalog. This can be seen on page 29 of that book.

It is also referenced in the 1970 Boss 302 Engine Modification book (pgs 18-19) where for Trans Am racing, it says should either use this distributor, or take the guts out and put them in your Boss distributor if you want to spin up to 8K!

Of course, this can still be used on the 289 HIPO and 302 engines from 64-73-ish as well. Just that the date code will not be correct.

The only problem with this unit, is that the wiring insulation has gone hard over the years. You will need to get a new wire from one of the reproduction/aftermarket vendors. There is one crack in this wire, seen in the first picture, right in the middle. Or put some heat shrink over it and just be careful with the wire routing.

This would also go well in any hipo small block Fairlane, Comet, or Shelby cars as well! This will not work in a 5.0L with a roller cam as is. You would need to change the gear to be compatible with the roller cam metal."

-Fred-

This used distributor received no bids by March 27, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:40 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

This used distributor received no bids by March 27, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

This used distributor is back on Ebay again with a very slightly reduced price of $640.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323174374818?V ... 3174374818

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:34 pm

THIS painted distributor is for sale by eBay member "ggt500" for $195.00.

"This Auction is for A Used Autolite Hi-Po Dual Point Distributor,

This is just how I got the distributor, selling as Used Core.

Not sure what the casting number is,"
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:35 am

HERE'S a used AUTOLITE distributor for sale by eBay member " tr123460 " with a starting bid of $200.00.

"Ford 289 hipo dual point distributor, comes with nice Autolite cap and wires all numbers in photos."
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE'S a used AUTOLITE distributor for sale by eBay member " tr123460 " with a starting bid of $200.00.

"Ford 289 hipo dual point distributor, comes with nice Autolite cap and wires all numbers in photos."

SOLD for $277.00 [ 7 bids ].
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS painted distributor is for sale by eBay member "ggt500" for $195.00.

This used distributor received no bids by April 15, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS painted distributor is for sale by eBay member "ggt500" for $195.00.

This used distributor received no bids by April 15, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

Relisted again for the same price HERE.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

-Fred-

This used distributor is back on Ebay again with a very slightly reduced price of $640.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323174374818?V ... 3174374818

-Fred-[/quote]

This listing was ended by the seller with the following statement "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed May 23, 2018 3:51 am

THIS dual point distributor is for sale by eBay member " mustangmasters428 " with a starting bid of $495.00.

"Here we have a good used C5OE FoMoCo Dual Point Distributor for a 289 High Performance engine, commonly used in Mustangs, Fairlane's, and Cyclones with these special 271 horsepower motors. Standard distributors were equipped with a vacuum advance pod on the side. These stock units had only 1 set of points unlike these high performance units which used 2 sets to get a hotter spark for increased performance. They also had a sleek distinctive look with NO vacuum advance.

This original distributor has some minor cosmetic issues although there are no extra holes or any modifications. You will find it is in good used working condition although we do suggest you use your judgement before installing. The lobes are crisp to snap both sets of points open as designed. No excessive play in the shaft, this unit has no visible signs of gouges, welds, or repairs. This piece can be used as is for a survivor car or could be a perfect candidate for a K code classic restoration.

This unit has the factory part number of C5OF-12127-E which was for the 65 66 models with a stamped date of 0F10. This FOMOCO part is a true factory original piece verses the later version Motorcraft replacement. Should this not work for you we also have several other factory dual points available. Please check your application and if you are a high end show car owner please realize you might give extra time to function and or detail to meet your higher standards .

A great distributor for that buyer completing his motor whether it be on a engine stand or in a GT Fastback, even a Shelby clone. Its the real deal for you who own a HiPo 289 equipped Mustang or Fairlane this is your distributor! If by any chance you're are building that HiPo 289 don't miss out! "
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 am

THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member " semoclassicmustang " for $599.95, or make an offer.

"Original Autolite Distributor, C5OF-12127-E. Used in 289 HiPo "K-Code" equipped applications including Mustang and Shelby. This is an original Ford housing but is a later service replacement unit with 0F10 date code (June 10, 1970). Has Petronix installed."
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed May 23, 2018 9:31 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:

-Fred-

This used distributor received no bids by May 23, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:24 am

THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member "toms41" with a starting price of $150.00.

"For your consideration is this 1965 to 1967 Ford 289 High Performance 271 hp dual point distributor. I've had this for over 20 years in the top of my garage and finally figured I'm not going to build another 289 (351W now). This unit has the dual points with centrifugal advance. The wire was cut when I bought it. I haven't cleaned it or touched anything up since I brought it down. What you see is what you get. Just the right part for that numbers correct restoration project or?
Please look closely to be sure it will fit your application."
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:31 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member "toms41" with a starting price of $150.00.

"For your consideration is this 1965 to 1967 Ford 289 High Performance 271 hp dual point distributor. I've had this for over 20 years in the top of my garage and finally figured I'm not going to build another 289 (351W now). This unit has the dual points with centrifugal advance. The wire was cut when I bought it. I haven't cleaned it or touched anything up since I brought it down. What you see is what you get. Just the right part for that numbers correct restoration project or?
Please look closely to be sure it will fit your application."

This used Autolite distributor sold June 4, 2018 on Ebay for $256.00 with 7 bids from 3 bidders.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:

-Fred-

This used distributor received no bids by May 23, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

This used Autolite distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183272863692?V ... 3272863692

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:38 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:

-Fred-

-Fred-

This used Autolite distributor is back on Ebay again with no changes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183272863692?V ... 3272863692

-Fred-[/quote]

This used distributor sold June 16, 2018 on Ebay for $195.00.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 am

THIS dual point distributor is for sale by eBay member "ggt500" for $295.00.

"This Auction is for A Used Autolite Hi-Po Dual Point Distributor. This is just how we got the distributor, selling as Used Core. Not sure what the casting number is."
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS dual point distributor is for sale by eBay member "ggt500" for $295.00.

"This Auction is for A Used Autolite Hi-Po Dual Point Distributor. This is just how we got the distributor, selling as Used Core. Not sure what the casting number is."

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:32 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS dual point distributor is for sale by eBay member "ggt500" for $295.00.

Relisted HERE for a higher fixed price of $349.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member " semoclassicmustang " for $599.95, or make an offer.

"Original Autolite Distributor, C5OF-12127-E. Used in 289 HiPo "K-Code" equipped applications including Mustang and Shelby. This is an original Ford housing but is a later service replacement unit with 0F10 date code (June 10, 1970). Has Petronix installed."

This distributor sold June 20, 2018 on Ebay for $599.95.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS used distributor is for sale by eBay member " semoclassicmustang " for $599.95, or make an offer.

-Fred-

This has to be a new record high price for an Autolite replacement distributor.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:

This has to be a new record high price for an Autolite replacement distributor.

-Fred-

Maybe it's the Pertronix... :lol:
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:

Relisted HERE for a higher fixed price of $349.00.

This distributor received no bids by June 28, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Previous

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body