Used C5OE Balancer

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:56 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a C5OE balancer for sale by eBay member " michaekazaria_7".

DESCRIPTION: "Rare Ford Mustang 289 1965 66 hi po harmonic balancer. Looks like it could be nos all threads and key way are great. Perfect for your restoration project. Selling as is with no reserve."

eBay Link



SOLD for $525.00 [ 19 bids ]. WOW!
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:39 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a C5OE balancer for sale by eBay member " michaekazaria_7".

DESCRIPTION: "Rare Ford Mustang 289 1965 66 hi po harmonic balancer. Looks like it could be nos all threads and key way are great. Perfect for your restoration project. Selling as is with no reserve."

eBay Link



SOLD for $525.00 [ 19 bids ]. WOW!


With all of the pictures in the auction, I am surprised that there were none of the date code.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby 21.04 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:34 pm

I inquired about the date several days before auction ended and seller replied, 5D. Also surprised he didn't post photos or update the description with date. I'm sure there were others who had the same question. Hopefully, the winner was aware these are most often dated and aware of the date on the piece.

Matt
21.04
OKKupied
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:23 pm

21.04 wrote:I inquired about the date several days before auction ended and seller replied, 5D. Also surprised he didn't post photos or update the description with date. I'm sure there were others who had the same question. Hopefully, the winner was aware these are most often dated and aware of the date on the piece.

Matt


If the purchaser was not aware of the date, they will be when they receive it. ;)

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a C5OE balancer for sale by eBay member " michaekazaria_7".

DESCRIPTION: "Rare Ford Mustang 289 1965 66 hi po harmonic balancer. Looks like it could be nos all threads and key way are great. Perfect for your restoration project. Selling as is with no reserve."

eBay Link



SOLD for $525.00 [ 19 bids ]. WOW!



It's surprising the seller didn't take the time to clean up the rust on this balancer. Hopefully the snout surface isn't pitted.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Here is a modified balancer that is for sale "as is" by eBay member "shelbymustangfan" with a low starting bid of $50.00.

DESCRIPTION: "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 289 HI PO HARMONIC BALANCER THAT HAS BEEN HIGHLY MODIFIED TO FIT A RACING APPLICATION.YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FACTORY COUNTERWEIGHT CAST IN THE BACKSIDE HAS BEEN COMPLETLY REMOVED TO ACCOMADATE INTERNAL BALANCING.OTHERWISE IT APPEARS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE! SOLD AS IS."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:15 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here is a modified balancer that is for sale "as is" by eBay member "shelbymustangfan" with a low starting bid of $50.00.

DESCRIPTION: "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 289 HI PO HARMONIC BALANCER THAT HAS BEEN HIGHLY MODIFIED TO FIT A RACING APPLICATION.YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FACTORY COUNTERWEIGHT CAST IN THE BACKSIDE HAS BEEN COMPLETLY REMOVED TO ACCOMADATE INTERNAL BALANCING.OTHERWISE IT APPEARS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE! SOLD AS IS."

eBay Link


Due to the many modifications, this balancer is one that only a mother could love. :)

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:46 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here is a modified balancer that is for sale "as is" by eBay member "shelbymustangfan" with a low starting bid of $50.00.

DESCRIPTION: "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 289 HI PO HARMONIC BALANCER THAT HAS BEEN HIGHLY MODIFIED TO FIT A RACING APPLICATION.YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FACTORY COUNTERWEIGHT CAST IN THE BACKSIDE HAS BEEN COMPLETLY REMOVED TO ACCOMADATE INTERNAL BALANCING.OTHERWISE IT APPEARS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE! SOLD AS IS."

eBay Link


Due to the many modifications, this balancer is one that only a mother could love. :)

-Fred-


At least the seller discloses the true condition of this one. Hey, it could make an expensive paper weight... :idea:
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here is a modified balancer that is for sale "as is" by eBay member "shelbymustangfan" with a low starting bid of $50.00.

DESCRIPTION: "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 289 HI PO HARMONIC BALANCER THAT HAS BEEN HIGHLY MODIFIED TO FIT A RACING APPLICATION.YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FACTORY COUNTERWEIGHT CAST IN THE BACKSIDE HAS BEEN COMPLETLY REMOVED TO ACCOMADATE INTERNAL BALANCING.OTHERWISE IT APPEARS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE! SOLD AS IS."

eBay Link


Due to the many modifications, this balancer is one that only a mother could love. :)

-Fred-


At least the seller discloses the true condition of this one. Hey, it could make an expensive paper weight... :idea:


At $50, it makes a very good door stop. I have a couple of these that have cracked snouts myself to use for door stops.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Here is a modified balancer that is for sale "as is" by eBay member "shelbymustangfan" with a low starting bid of $50.00.

DESCRIPTION: "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 289 HI PO HARMONIC BALANCER THAT HAS BEEN HIGHLY MODIFIED TO FIT A RACING APPLICATION.YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FACTORY COUNTERWEIGHT CAST IN THE BACKSIDE HAS BEEN COMPLETLY REMOVED TO ACCOMADATE INTERNAL BALANCING.OTHERWISE IT APPEARS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE! SOLD AS IS."

eBay Link

Due to the many modifications, this balancer is one that only a mother could love. :)

-Fred-

At least the seller discloses the true condition of this one. Hey, it could make an expensive paper weight... :idea:

At $50, it makes a very good door stop. I have a couple of these that have cracked snouts myself to use for door stops.

-Fred-


Perfect way to reuse!
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:13 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
Here is a modified balancer that is for sale "as is" by eBay member "shelbymustangfan" with a low starting bid of $50.00.

DESCRIPTION: "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 289 HI PO HARMONIC BALANCER THAT HAS BEEN HIGHLY MODIFIED TO FIT A RACING APPLICATION.YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FACTORY COUNTERWEIGHT CAST IN THE BACKSIDE HAS BEEN COMPLETLY REMOVED TO ACCOMADATE INTERNAL BALANCING.OTHERWISE IT APPEARS TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE! SOLD AS IS."

eBay Link

Due to the many modifications, this balancer is one that only a mother could love. :)

-Fred-

At least the seller discloses the true condition of this one. Hey, it could make an expensive paper weight... :idea:

At $50, it makes a very good door stop. I have a couple of these that have cracked snouts myself to use for door stops.

-Fred-


Perfect way to reuse!


This door stop sold for $50 on Ebay 4-10-2016.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:07 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."

eBay Link


Ended with NO sale or bids. Relisted HERE with a minimum bid of $425.00, and a Buy it Now price of $575.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:16 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."

eBay Link


Ended with NO sale or bids. Relisted HERE with a minimum bid of $425.00, and a Buy it Now price of $575.00.


This balancer received no bids by 7-17-2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This balancer is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-Mustang-She ... 25?vxp=mtr

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:58 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."




This balancer is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-Mustang-She ... 25?vxp=mtr

-Fred-


Ended with NO bids.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."




This balancer is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-Mustang-She ... 25?vxp=mtr


Ended with NO bids.


Relisted again HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:34 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."




This balancer is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-Mustang-She ... 25?vxp=mtr


Ended with NO bids.

Relisted again HERE.


Ended with NO sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."




This balancer is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-Mustang-She ... 25?vxp=mtr


Ended with NO bids.

Relisted again HERE.

Ended with NO sale.


Relisted HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a used balancer for sale by eBay member "cobraized".

DESCRIPTION: "Shelby Mustang 289 HiPo balancer. Nice used. C5OE. ORIGINAL. USA SHIPPING ONLY."




This balancer is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/289-Mustang-She ... 25?vxp=mtr


Ended with NO bids.

Relisted again HERE.

Ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.


SOLD for $425.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:04 am

This balancer is for sale by eBay member "gt35067" for $475.00.

DESCRIPTION: "This is an original 289 HIPO harmonic balancer.

It has a part number of C5OE-A.

The date code is D5 which is April 1965.

I blasted it with soft walnut shells to remove the dirt and old paint without causing any damage to the metal like glass bead or sand would do.

The threaded holes for the pulley all look very good.

I don't see where it has been modified in any way.

The rubber joint has some cracking on the backside as should be expected from a used harmonic balance of this age.

There is some ding marks from someone in the past trying to remove it without using the proper tools (see pictures).

Overall it is a very good original."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:06 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:This balancer is for sale by eBay member "gt35067" for $475.00.

DESCRIPTION: "This is an original 289 HIPO harmonic balancer.

It has a part number of C5OE-A.

The date code is D5 which is April 1965.

I blasted it with soft walnut shells to remove the dirt and old paint without causing any damage to the metal like glass bead or sand would do.

The threaded holes for the pulley all look very good.

I don't see where it has been modified in any way.

The rubber joint has some cracking on the backside as should be expected from a used harmonic balance of this age.

There is some ding marks from someone in the past trying to remove it without using the proper tools (see pictures).

Overall it is a very good original."

eBay Link


This balancer sold on Ebay October 11, 2016 for $475.00.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:53 am

This balancer is for sale by eBay member "ostatediesel" for $499.00:

Original Ford 289 HIPO C5OE-A balancer & crank pulley. It's in great shape, original paint, never been glass beaded, good rubber. Dated H4 (August 1964). Correct for 1965 - 1967 K-code Mustang, Shelby, Cobra.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-1967- ... 2680251423

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7794
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:35 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:This balancer is for sale by eBay member "ostatediesel" for $499.00:

Original Ford 289 HIPO C5OE-A balancer & crank pulley. It's in great shape, original paint, never been glass beaded, good rubber. Dated H4 (August 1964). Correct for 1965 - 1967 K-code Mustang, Shelby, Cobra.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-1967- ... 2680251423

-Fred-


This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 pm

THIS used "degreed" balancer is for sale by eBay member " gamera11 " for $550.00, or make an offer.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C5OE Balancer

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:27 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS used "degreed" balancer is for sale by eBay member " gamera11 " for $550.00, or make an offer.


SOLD for $550.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PreviousNext

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests