COBRA Bellhousing

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

COBRA Bellhousing

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:18 am

This COBRA scattershield is for sale by eBay member " roberto196145 " for $2500.00.

DESCRIPTION: "No surprises here! Just a super rare Cobra Bellhousing in FANTASTIC condition as you can see by the pictures. Correct part number C5DA-06392-A, easily visible as you can see!

Also clearly visible are the letters NHRA APP, COBRA, WEDGE AND 289J.

Message me with any questions and best offers, maybe I can save you some money? I check my account often.

This is a rare, genuine part that will set your car apart from all the others!

This is a heavy beast, shipping will be 60 bucks I bet.

The pictures in this ad are of the actual part and were taken 10 minutes ago."

eBay Link
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Re: COBRA Bellhousing

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:This COBRA scattershield is for sale by eBay member " roberto196145 " for $2500.00.

DESCRIPTION: "No surprises here! Just a super rare Cobra Bellhousing in FANTASTIC condition as you can see by the pictures. Correct part number C5DA-06392-A, easily visible as you can see!

Message me with any questions and best offers, maybe I can save you some money? I check my account often.

eBay Link

This auction no longer exists for the reason stated by the seller:

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:03 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

-Fred-

Gotta love offline deals...
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:55 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:This COBRA scattershield is for sale by eBay member " roberto196145 " for $2500.00.

eBay Link

-Fred-

These are scarce enough and in enough demand that it does not surprise me at, what appears to have been, a quick sale.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:05 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
These are scarce enough and in enough demand that it does not surprise me at, what appears to have been, a quick sale.

-Fred-

I would think a smart seller would like a "bidding war" to profit even more.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:11 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

Being as it was listed as a set price, there was no chance for a "bidding war". You are correct that an open auction may have been the best way to go.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:50 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

You are correct that an open auction may have been the best way to go.

-Fred-

Yep...Maybe the "offline" method avoids commissions, PayPal fees, IRS tracking, etc.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Here is another COBRA Bellhousing that is for sale by eBay member "guntrucker" at a fixed price of $1499.00.

DESCRIPTION: "RARE HIGH NODULAR STEEL COBRA WEDGE SCATTERSHIELD / BELL HOUSING. THIS BELL HOUSING APPEARS NEW AND DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT HAS EVER BEEN MOUNTED OR USED. NO BOLT MARKS, NO CRACKS, NO REPAIRS, NO DAMAGE, ALL THREADED HOLES ARE PERFECT. IT HAS EMBOSSED LETTERING ON THE OUTSIDE THAT READS COBRA, WEDGE, NHRA APP & 289 J. THE INSIDE IS EMBOSSED WITH C5DA-6392-A.

FRESHLY BLASTED AND PAINTED BLACK. THIS BELL HOUSING IS HEAVY AT ABOUT 35 POUNDS.

I ENDED UP WITH TWO OF THESE BELL HOUSINGS SO I'M SELLING ONE."

eBay Link
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:17 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here is another COBRA Bellhousing that is for sale by eBay member "guntrucker" at a fixed price of $1499.00.

DESCRIPTION: "RARE HIGH NODULAR STEEL COBRA WEDGE SCATTERSHIELD / BELL HOUSING. THIS BELL HOUSING APPEARS NEW AND DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT HAS EVER BEEN MOUNTED OR USED. NO BOLT MARKS, NO CRACKS, NO REPAIRS, NO DAMAGE, ALL THREADED HOLES ARE PERFECT. IT HAS EMBOSSED LETTERING ON THE OUTSIDE THAT READS COBRA, WEDGE, NHRA APP & 289 J. THE INSIDE IS EMBOSSED WITH C5DA-6392-A.

FRESHLY BLASTED AND PAINTED BLACK. THIS BELL HOUSING IS HEAVY AT ABOUT 35 POUNDS.

eBay Link

The price on this one seems to be a little more reasonable.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:04 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here is another COBRA Bellhousing that is for sale by eBay member "guntrucker" at a fixed price of $1499.00.

eBay Link

-Fred-

Yes...and this one looks nicer, even if it may not be the original finish. I think the other one had the original paint in average condition.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

eBay Link

-Fred-

Yes...and this one looks nicer, even if it may not be the original finish. I think the other one had the original paint in average condition.

The intended use of being a scattershield will possibly work for a clutch but a flywheel will take it right out.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:16 am

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale, and relisted twice. HERE is the most current listing.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby hipo_p51 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:29 am

Anyone know if this part will work with these bell housings?

http://www.moderndriveline.com/catalog/ ... 58-538.jpg
hipo_p51
OKKupied

Postby zray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:39 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:The intended use of being a scattershield will possibly work for a clutch but a flywheel will take it right out.

-Fred-

Yeah, there are still a few old timers limping around because part of a clutch and / or flywheel nearly cut their foot clean off at the ankle. And that's no exaggeration..

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby rburton1961 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:37 am

Wow, sad to see that after 5 years of being away from this site it still amounts to little more than a "sewing circle" consisting of the same 5 or 6 old women chatting and bashing other peoples cars and car parts. I was especially amused to see these people, with nothing better to do, talking about a bellhousing that I had listed on eBay. IRS? Avoiding eBay fees? Really? I wish this site was about something relevant because the cars that it represents are pretty cool. Shame on you old women, shame on you.
rburton1961
eKsposed

Postby zray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm

I feel so shamed, please someone hit me. (It helps if you're wearing black leather ).

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby KCodeCoupe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 pm

zray wrote:I feel so shamed, please someone hit me. (It helps if you're wearing black leather ).

Z

I would, but I'm in the middle of quilting right now. :lol:
65 Silver Smoke Gray GT K Coupe, 67 Vintage Burgandy GT K Coupe, 84 GT Convertible original owner with 1800 miles,
1986 Oxford White SVO, 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302, 2016 Shadow Black Shelby GT350 R
KCodeCoupe
RidiKulous

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:08 am

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale, and relisted twice. HERE is the most current listing.

Ended again with NO sale.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:38 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:

eBay Link

This bellhousing is back on Ebay again with a new lower price of $1,399.00 which is a reduction of $100.00:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282093270576?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Here is another COBRA Bellhousing that is for sale by eBay member "guntrucker" at a fixed price of $1499.00.

eBay Link

This bellhousing is back on Ebay again with a new lower price of $1,399.00 which is a reduction of $100.00:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282093270576?ss ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-

There was NO sale because "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." Don't you wonder what the error is?
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:08 am

Here is an original Cobra bellhousing that was sold by Ebay seller somehappens on October 10, 2016 for $1,650.00 with 2 bids from 1 bidder:

Here is an original FoMoCo Cobra bellhousing that was taken off 65 Shelby back in the 70's and put away.This is the real deal so if you want that original for that car look no further.Have other pieces listed also off car so look at the other auctions as motor just came apart from being stored.Shipping total will follow auction close with buyer provided info

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1965-2 ... 7675.l2557

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:39 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:Here is an original Cobra bellhousing that was sold by Ebay seller somehappens on October 10, 2016 for $1,650.00 with 2 bids from 1 bidder:

Here is an original FoMoCo Cobra bellhousing that was taken off 65 Shelby back in the 70's and put away.This is the real deal so if you want that original for that car look no further.Have other pieces listed also off car so look at the other auctions as motor just came apart from being stored.Shipping total will follow auction close with buyer provided info

-Fred-

This seller apparently has another one of these bellhousings available on Ebay with a starting bid of $1,650.00:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1965-2 ... 82?vxp=mtr

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:Here is an original Cobra bellhousing that was sold by Ebay seller somehappens on October 10, 2016 for $1,650.00 with 2 bids from 1 bidder:

-Fred-

This seller apparently has another one of these bellhousings available on Ebay with a starting bid of $1,650.00:

-Fred-

This bellhousing received no bids by October 26, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:10 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

-Fred-

This bellhousing received no bids by October 26, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

This bellhousing is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1965-2 ... 05?vxp=mtr

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:31 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

-Fred-

-Fred-

This bellhousing is back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1965-2 ... 05?vxp=mtr

-Fred-[/quote]

This bellhousing received no bids by November 20, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Next

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body