Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:19 pm

This rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " fordluvr2 " for $499.99, or make an offer.

{b]DESCRIPTION[/b]: "This is an original 65-66 Mustang (SHELBY GT-350) Kelsey Hayes disc brake proportioning valve. The valve has been disassembled completely, cleaned, new seals and fittings installed, detailed and reassembled. Ready to bolt in. Don't miss this opportunity. If you have any questions ask before bidding, again this part is 40 years old and is not a new reproduction part. I will do my best to answer questions as accurately as possible. Item sold as is."

eBay Link
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby zray » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 am

Just an FYI to anyone looking for this part:

Jim Cowles of Shwlby Parts and Restoration in Green Bay, Wisconsin sells completely restored prop valves that have the correct plating etc. for a little more than 1/2 this eBay price.
Last edited by zray on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zray
LunatiK

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 pm

zray wrote:Just an FYI to anyone looking for this part:

Jim Cowles of Shwlby Parts and Restoration in Fgreen Bay, Wisconsin sells completely restored prop valves that have the correct plating etc. for a little more than 1/2 this eBay price.

Excellent information, Z!!

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:18 pm

zray wrote:Just an FYI to anyone looking for this part:

Jim Cowles of Shwlby Parts and Restoration in Fgreen Bay, Wisconsin sells completely restored prop valves that have the correct plating etc. for a little more than 1/2 this eBay price.

Thanks for posting that. It's good to know about other options.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:37 am

Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " fordluvr2 " for $499.99, or make an offer.

{b]DESCRIPTION[/b]: "This is an original 65-66 Mustang (SHELBY GT-350) Kelsey Hayes disc brake proportioning valve. The valve has been disassembled completely, cleaned, new seals and fittings installed, detailed and reassembled. Ready to bolt in. Don't miss this opportunity. If you have any questions ask before bidding, again this part is 40 years old and is not a new reproduction part. I will do my best to answer questions as accurately as possible. Item sold as is."

eBay Link

Price reduced to $399.99.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:56 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:00 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

eBay Link

Relisted HERE.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:14 pm

eBay Link

Relisted HERE.

Ended with NO sale.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:55 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:This rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " fordluvr2 " for $499.99, or make an offer.

eBay Link

Price reduced to $399.99.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:43 pm

eBay Link

Relisted HERE.

Ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 pm

eBay Link

Relisted HERE.

Ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.

SOLD for $479.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby evantugby » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Gents,
Should I buy one or rebuild my own? Mine is leaking a bit. Anyone rebuild these before? If so, can you recommend a rebuild kit and perhaps an instructional tutorial?

Thank you kindly.

I have a 1966 Kar with rear drums and front disks. The proportioning valve is original Kelsey Hayes. Thanks!

Evan
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 pm

evantugby wrote:Gents,
Should I buy one or rebuild my own? Mine is leaking a bit. Anyone rebuild these before? If so, can you recommend a rebuild kit and perhaps an instructional tutorial?

Thank you kindly.

I have a 1966 Kar with rear drums and front disks. The proportioning valve is original Kelsey Hayes. Thanks!

Evan

Generally the bores become corroded enough that they need to be sleeved, but not always. The rebuild kits are readily available but be aware that there are two different styles and you will not know which one until you take it apart. The kits do NOT interchange. If all else fails, I still have a couple of NOS valves in stock.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby evantugby » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:

Thank you kindly.

Evan

Generally the bores become corroded enough that they need to be sleeved, but not always. The rebuild kits are readily available but be aware that there are two different styles and you will not know which one until you take it apart. The kits do NOT interchange. If all else fails, I still have a couple of NOS valves in stock.

-Fred-

Fred, I would have liked to expand my knowledge and rebuild my own but read some bad stories of guys doing this. I might send mine to the guys at www.whitepost.com to rebuild it.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:45 am

evantugby wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

Thank you kindly.

Evan

-Fred-

Fred, I would have liked to expand my knowledge and rebuild my own but read some bad stories of guys doing this. I might send mine to the guys at http://www.whitepost.com to rebuild it.

Whitepost does the sleeving which is a good upgrade.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body