Used C5OE Heads

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Used C5OE Heads

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Here's an interesting auction for a set of ported heads (complete with valves, springs, rocker arms, keepers, and studs), as well as an Accel dual point distributor, for sale by eBay member "glasstop56".

DESCRIPTION: "Hello! here is a really cool piece of history that has been sitting on a friend's shelf for a long while. He tells me he traded a Boss 302 motor to get them. My understanding is these were run at the Cleveland plant, and sent to Crane, where they did the awesome port work on the exhaust side. All pertinent info should easily be seen in the pics. I had them disassembled, cleaned and pressure checked. They have the 1.940 intake valves and 1.600 exhausts, not marked. I am including a new, in the box, Accel dual point distributor to make this a period correct setup for someone. I really don't know if these were Shelby only parts. Any one with a real knowledge on them, I would love your input."

eBay Link

Image Image Image Image Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Re: Used C5OE Heads

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:58 pm

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Here's a set of used heads dated 5H23 & 5H26 for sale by eBay member "77hazelllc" with a starting bid of $1800.00.

DESCRIPTION: "SET OF HIPO 289 HEADS. HAVE LOW MILEAGE ALL READY TO BOLT ON AND GO. I'M NOT AN EXPERT, SO I DON'T KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY. THE CAR I HAD THEM IN RAN PERFECTLY. NO SMOKE ON START UP, OR ANY OTHER TIME. THE # ON FRONT BOSS ARE 19 & 20 DATE CODES ARE 5H23 & 5H26."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:10 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a set of used heads dated 5H23 & 5H26 for sale by eBay member "77hazelllc" with a starting bid of $1800.00.

DESCRIPTION: "SET OF HIPO 289 HEADS. HAVE LOW MILEAGE ALL READY TO BOLT ON AND GO. I'M NOT AN EXPERT, SO I DON'T KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY. THE CAR I HAD THEM IN RAN PERFECTLY. NO SMOKE ON START UP, OR ANY OTHER TIME. THE # ON FRONT BOSS ARE 19 & 20 DATE CODES ARE 5H23 & 5H26."

eBay Link

Auction ended with NO bids, and has been relisted HERE with a lower starting bid of $1000.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:49 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a set of used heads dated 5H23 & 5H26 for sale by eBay member "77hazelllc" with a starting bid of $1800.00.

Auction ended with NO bids, and has been relisted HERE with a lower starting bid of $1000.00.

SOLD for $1,500.00 [ 8 bids ].
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 pm

This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "ggt500".

DESCRIPTION: "This Auction is for a pair of 289 Hi-Po Heads. Matched pair with date code "5C3". Very nice condition, just off running motor, Casting number "C5OE".
If you have any questions at all PLEASE just call Us. This auction is for the pair."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm

This set of used heads is for sale by eBay member "stroker59" with a starting bid of $1,250.00, and a Buy it Now price of $1500.00.

DESCRIPTION: "FRESH REWORKED 289 HI-PO HEADS, THE HEADS HAVE BEEN PORTED, THE CRESENT WATER HOLES HAVE BEEN WELDED UP, ONE HAS BEEN BRAZED, PICTURES SHOW ALL OF THE DETAILS. THESE HEADS BELONGED TO MY FATHER WHO RACED THEM IN THE SEVENTIES, THEY RAN FINE AND HAVE BEEN SITTING ON AN SHELF IN OUR SHOP FOR YEARS. HEADS HAVE BEEN REWORKED, ALL NEW VALVES, NEW SEALS, AND BRONZE VALVE GUIDES. THE SPRINGS ARE SET UP AT 120# AND .500 MAX. LIFT. SPRING PRESSURE AT.500 LIFT IS 220#. VALVES ARE STOCK . EX. 1.450 INT. 1.780. THEY HAVE THE NUMBER 19 ON THE FRONT BOSS, ONE HEAD HAS A 5A11 THE OTHER HAS 4M17, BOTH HAVE A CASTING NUMBER OF C5OE. NICE SET OF HIPO HEADS. THANKS."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun May 27, 2012 8:37 pm

This head is for sale by eBay member "gwpford".

DESCRIPTION: "Good used factory 1965, 66 Mustang, Shelby GT350 289HP K Code Cylinder head.
Cast C50E, deep thumb prints, never any machine work, cleaned and inspected with no cracks or repairs of any kind.
Date code 5J30, September 1965. Auction is for 1 head only. Sorry do not have the other."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun May 27, 2012 8:45 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of used heads is for sale by eBay member "stroker59" with a starting bid of $1,250.00, and a Buy it Now price of $1500.00.

DESCRIPTION: "FRESH REWORKED 289 HI-PO HEADS, THE HEADS HAVE BEEN PORTED, THE CRESENT WATER HOLES HAVE BEEN WELDED UP, ONE HAS BEEN BRAZED, PICTURES SHOW ALL OF THE DETAILS. THESE HEADS BELONGED TO MY FATHER WHO RACED THEM IN THE SEVENTIES, THEY RAN FINE AND HAVE BEEN SITTING ON AN SHELF IN OUR SHOP FOR YEARS. HEADS HAVE BEEN REWORKED, ALL NEW VALVES, NEW SEALS, AND BRONZE VALVE GUIDES. THE SPRINGS ARE SET UP AT 120# AND .500 MAX. LIFT. SPRING PRESSURE AT.500 LIFT IS 220#. VALVES ARE STOCK . EX. 1.450 INT. 1.780. THEY HAVE THE NUMBER 19 ON THE FRONT BOSS, ONE HEAD HAS A 5A11 THE OTHER HAS 4M17, BOTH HAVE A CASTING NUMBER OF C5OE. NICE SET OF HIPO HEADS. THANKS."

eBay Link

SOLD for $1500.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "ggt500".

DESCRIPTION: "This Auction is for a pair of 289 Hi-Po Heads. Matched pair with date code "5C3". Very nice condition, just off running motor, Casting number "C5OE".
If you have any questions at all PLEASE just call Us. This auction is for the pair."

eBay Link

Auction ended, and the heads were NOT SOLD because the reserve was not met. High bid was $1,165.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 pm

This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "hondo45" for $1,899.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Nice 289 HiPO heads, with what appear to be original springs with red paint, and retainers. Just removed from a very nice running engine. 65 castings, both with 5C3 casting dates. It is rare to find a set of HiPO heads that are correct for a Shelby/GT-350, K-code Mustang or other 289 HiPO Ford of this era. It's even more rare to find a set with these dates, with no apparent modifications to the casting, and that have what appear to be original Ford components.
Although these were working fine when removed, the winning bidder should plan to have them inspected and gone through by a professional. These are very difficult to find, especially in their raw unmolested state. Rockers and push rods not included. These will be shipped in separate boxes due to weight. Thanks for your interest. Please feel free to ask questions."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:42 pm

This set of heads was SOLD for $850.00 [4 bids] by eBay member "jjtell".

DESCRIPTION: "The casting numbers are as follows: "C50E", Dated 4G23. Checked by local machine shop, magnafluxed and all checked out OK. Local buyers, message me to see them. All sales final."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:49 pm

If you have any questions at all PLEASE just call us. This auction is for the pair."

eBay Link

Relisted HERE with additional pictures and the following details:
"I have taken them to the machine shop & had them checked out, no cracks or damage. There was a valve seat put in, please see pictures 7 & 8, while at machine shop, I took pictures with valve removed
so you can see there is no damage, Plus I have a copy of the receipt from the machine, if you need anything at all just call, & we can send you more pictures".

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:29 am

If you have any questions at all PLEASE just call us. This auction is for the pair."

eBay Link

"I have taken them to the machine shop & had them checked out, no cracks or damage. There was a valve seat put in, please see pictures 7 & 8, while at machine shop, I took pictures with valve removed
so you can see there is no damage, Plus I have a copy of the receipt from the machine, if you need anything at all just call, & we can send you more pictures".

These heads were NOT SOLD because there were NO bids.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:31 am

eBay Link

These heads are back on Ebay again with no changes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hi-Po-289-Heads ... 2a20b04721

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "hondo45" for $1,899.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Nice 289 HiPO heads, with what appear to be original springs with red paint, and retainers. Just removed from a very nice running engine. 65 castings, both with 5C3 casting dates. It is rare to find a set of HiPO heads that are correct for a Shelby/GT-350, K-code Mustang or other 289 HiPO Ford of this era. It's even more rare to find a set with these dates, with no apparent modifications to the casting, and that have what appear to be original Ford components.
Although these were working fine when removed, the winning bidder should plan to have them inspected and gone through by a professional. These are very difficult to find, especially in their raw unmolested state. Rockers and push rods not included. These will be shipped in separate boxes due to weight. Thanks for your interest. Please feel free to ask questions."

eBay Link

SOLD for $1,699.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "hondo45" for $1,899.00.

eBay Link

SOLD for $1,699.00.

They actually sold for $1,599.00. Probably just a typo by Gene.
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
They actually sold for $1,599.00. Probably just a typo by Gene.

I dunno. The eBay LINK says the selling price was $1699.00.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote: This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "ggt500".

eBay Link

c6zzkgt wrote:These heads are back on Ebay again with no changes:

-Fred-

Bidding ended on this item and there was NO SALE.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 pm

eBay Link

-Fred-

Relisted HERE
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 pm

eBay Link

-Fred-

Relisted HERE

Ended yet again with NO bids.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 pm

This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "okeeracer".

DESCRIPTION: "You are bidding on a matched pair of 289 HIPO heads for the 65' models. We have no history of them only that we know a rocker broke on the end valve but didn’t do any damage to the head. Work must have been done to them since there are only 4 valves with the Ford logo still on them."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 pm

This set o0f heads is for sale by eBay member "oldiron1966 ".

DESCRIPTION: "This auction is for an original pair of 1965 Ford 289 HIPO heads. They have been tanked,cleaned,magegd and rebuilt to original specs.. These are a matched pair with November 4th & 5th 1965 date codes, 5-M-5 & 5-M-4, C50E code with the bolt in studs and HIPO valve spring seats. They have 77,000 original miles on them and were put into storage in 1978 when a larger engine was installed in my Uncles Shelby.These are as close to NOS as you will ever find. They are fresh out of the machine shop today. All original Ford valves are still intact. 3 angle valve job was done,new valve seals etc... Original heavy duty double valve springs are still intact and good. Ready to install on your HIPO 289 engine. Shipping will be $55.00 in the U.S."

eBay Link

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 am

This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "okeeracer".

DESCRIPTION: "You are bidding on a matched pair of 289 HIPO heads for the 65' models. We have no history of them only that we know a rocker broke on the end valve but didn’t do any damage to the head. Work must have been done to them since there are only 4 valves with the Ford logo still on them."

eBay Link

These heads sold on Ebay 11-18-2012 for $1,256.00.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:This set of heads is for sale by eBay member "okeeracer".

DESCRIPTION: "You are bidding on a matched pair of 289 HIPO heads for the 65' models. We have no history of them only that we know a rocker broke on the end valve but didn’t do any damage to the head. Work must have been done to them since there are only 4 valves with the Ford logo still on them.

These heads sold on Ebay 11-18-2012 for $1,256.00.

-Fred-

Impressive money.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Next

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body