VIN 5F09K386174 Stamped K Engine and Transmission

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

VIN 5F09K386174 Stamped K Engine and Transmission

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:48 am

HERE is an engine and top loader 4 speed for sale by eBay member " kctiger66 ".

"I have finally decided to part with my 289 Hipo "K" Code engine that has been setting in my garage for over 30 years. I always thought that the right car would come along to put it in but that has not yet happened. I was told by the previous owner is that this engine was originally in a 1965 Mustang Fastback "K" code car that got t-boned and totaled out back in the late 70's or early 80's, the the drive train was removed before the body went to the salvage yard, the engine was rebuilt and it then went into a 1966 fastback. A few years later I purchased the fastback, put about 20 miles on it and found out what an absolute monster it was, removed the engine and sold the fastback. Like I say, for the last 30 years or so it has been setting on my garage floor and now it is time for it to go. I have tried to include some pictures to show that it is the real deal. The "K" VIN is stamped on the right side of the block. I do not have the original intake or carburetor, but I think everything else is pretty much there. The rockers have been changed to roller rockers, so the stock short valve covers will no longer clear. The aluminum intake is an Edelbrock Torker. This engine has very few miles on it, and the last time it ran sounded great had plenty of power. The toploader was gone through several years ago and has zero miles, and the Hurst Competition Plus Shifter is also new, but several years old. The transmission tag reads HEH-T. Also the clutch plate, pressure plate, throw out bearing and fork boot are new and the flywheel has been resurfaced. If someone is sitting on a 65 or 66 "K" code body or Shelby they want to build this would be a great find to complete their car. If someone is sitting on a rust free 65-66 Mustang "K" body they want to part with or a Factory Five Cobra that needs an engine let me know and maybe we can make a deal and I will keep my engine. Lets see what happens! I have tried to describe what I have to the best of my ability, but probably missed something that you need to know, if so just ask. If you or your representative would like to inspect this item prior to the end of the auction again just ask and arrangements will be made. Due to size and weight this is a local pickup only and the winning bidder is responsible for all transportation costs. I am located in Independence Mo 64056 approximately 10 miles east of downtown Kansas City Mo."
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Re: VIN 5F09K386174 Stamped K Engine and Transmission

Postby evantugby » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Looking at the blown up photo of this engine, the vin stamp is 5F09K388174 or 5F09K383174. I posted it in the Lost and Found section as well.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 pm

evantugby wrote:Looking at the blown up photo of this engine, the vin stamp is 5F09K388174 or 5F09K383174. I posted it in the Lost and Found section as well.

The eighth digit looks more like a 6 to me. After further observation I would go with 5F09K386174. If this is correct, the September Hipo fan is way too early for a January 65 Kar.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby meltdwn65GT » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 pm

+1. I agree on 5F09K386174

meltdwn65GT
OKKupied

Postby evantugby » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am

very possible. I've updated my database.

Good eyes. Thanks for the feedback.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE is an engine and top loader 4 speed for sale by eBay member " kctiger66 ".

"I have finally decided to part with my 289 Hipo "K" Code engine that has been setting in my garage for over 30 years. I always thought that the right car would come along to put it in but that has not yet happened. I was told by the previous owner is that this engine was originally in a 1965 Mustang Fastback "K" code car that got t-boned and totaled out back in the late 70's or early 80's, the the drive train was removed before the body went to the salvage yard, the engine was rebuilt and it then went into a 1966 fastback. A few years later I purchased the fastback, put about 20 miles on it and found out what an absolute monster it was, removed the engine and sold the fastback. Like I say, for the last 30 years or so it has been setting on my garage floor and now it is time for it to go. I have tried to include some pictures to show that it is the real deal. The "K" VIN is stamped on the right side of the block. I do not have the original intake or carburetor, but I think everything else is pretty much there. The rockers have been changed to roller rockers, so the stock short valve covers will no longer clear. The aluminum intake is an Edelbrock Torker. This engine has very few miles on it, and the last time it ran sounded great had plenty of power. The toploader was gone through several years ago and has zero miles, and the Hurst Competition Plus Shifter is also new, but several years old. The transmission tag reads HEH-T. Also the clutch plate, pressure plate, throw out bearing and fork boot are new and the flywheel has been resurfaced. If someone is sitting on a 65 or 66 "K" code body or Shelby they want to build this would be a great find to complete their car. If someone is sitting on a rust free 65-66 Mustang "K" body they want to part with or a Factory Five Cobra that needs an engine let me know and maybe we can make a deal and I will keep my engine. Lets see what happens! I have tried to describe what I have to the best of my ability, but probably missed something that you need to know, if so just ask. If you or your representative would like to inspect this item prior to the end of the auction again just ask and arrangements will be made. Due to size and weight this is a local pickup only and the winning bidder is responsible for all transportation costs. I am located in Independence Mo 64056 approximately 10 miles east of downtown Kansas City Mo."

This auction ended with a high bid of $6,200.00 which did not meet the seller's reserve. Bidders:16 Bids:30
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body