Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's an auction for just one connecting rod priced at $110.00 by eBay member " 289special".

DESCRIPTION: "This is one new Ford connecting rod. Casting number C3AE. For Boss 302 / 289 Hipo. The wrist pin hole measures about .912 I put a wrist pin in it and it measures .911 If you want to press fit this connecting rod you need about .001 oversize wrist pin. Some machine shops dip the rod in copper to bring them to size. No box. Know your part. Ask questions. Free shipping and handling 48 United States only."

eBay Link


Ended with NO sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:28 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's an auction for just one connecting rod priced at $110.00 by eBay member " 289special".

DESCRIPTION: "This is one new Ford connecting rod. Casting number C3AE. For Boss 302 / 289 Hipo. The wrist pin hole measures about .912 I put a wrist pin in it and it measures .911 If you want to press fit this connecting rod you need about .001 oversize wrist pin. Some machine shops dip the rod in copper to bring them to size. No box. Know your part. Ask questions. Free shipping and handling 48 United States only."

eBay Link


Ended with NO sale.



And...relisted HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's an auction for just one connecting rod priced at $110.00 by eBay member " 289special".

DESCRIPTION: "This is one new Ford connecting rod. Casting number C3AE. For Boss 302 / 289 Hipo. The wrist pin hole measures about .912 I put a wrist pin in it and it measures .911 If you want to press fit this connecting rod you need about .001 oversize wrist pin. Some machine shops dip the rod in copper to bring them to size. No box. Know your part. Ask questions. Free shipping and handling 48 United States only."

eBay Link

Ended with NO sale.


And...relisted HERE.


SOLD for $95.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Here's a "closeout" sale of 14 various BOSS and HiPo connecting rods for sale by eBay member " jon2625".

DESCRIPTION: "Cleaning out the race car garage. The last of my Ford Boss 302/Hipo 289 connecting rods.There are 14 total rods.
1. There are 7 Boss 302 rods that have not been modified.
2 There are 4 Boss 302 rods with polished beams
3. There are 3 Hi Po 289 rods with polished beams
4. The polished rods look to have had bronze bushings.
5. All of them had ARP bolts, however several of the nuts are missing..
6. There is some surface rust as you can see from the pictures, but should clean up with blasting. "

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:30 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a "closeout" sale of 14 various BOSS and HiPo connecting rods for sale by eBay member " jon2625".

DESCRIPTION: "Cleaning out the race car garage. The last of my Ford Boss 302/Hipo 289 connecting rods.There are 14 total rods.
1. There are 7 Boss 302 rods that have not been modified.
2 There are 4 Boss 302 rods with polished beams
3. There are 3 Hi Po 289 rods with polished beams
4. The polished rods look to have had bronze bushings.
5. All of them had ARP bolts, however several of the nuts are missing..
6. There is some surface rust as you can see from the pictures, but should clean up with blasting. "

eBay Link


None are standard so this can only work if you have mates to any of these.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7581
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:55 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a "closeout" sale of 14 various BOSS and HiPo connecting rods for sale by eBay member " jon2625".

DESCRIPTION: "Cleaning out the race car garage. The last of my Ford Boss 302/Hipo 289 connecting rods.There are 14 total rods.
1. There are 7 Boss 302 rods that have not been modified.
2 There are 4 Boss 302 rods with polished beams
3. There are 3 Hi Po 289 rods with polished beams
4. The polished rods look to have had bronze bushings.
5. All of them had ARP bolts, however several of the nuts are missing..
6. There is some surface rust as you can see from the pictures, but should clean up with blasting. "

eBay Link


None are standard so this can only work if you have mates to any of these.

-Fred-


These rods sold 8-14-2016 on Ebay for $336.25 with 7 bids from 3 bidders.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7581
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Here's a "closeout" sale of 14 various BOSS and HiPo connecting rods for sale by eBay member " jon2625".

DESCRIPTION: "Cleaning out the race car garage. The last of my Ford Boss 302/Hipo 289 connecting rods.There are 14 total rods.
1. There are 7 Boss 302 rods that have not been modified.
2 There are 4 Boss 302 rods with polished beams
3. There are 3 Hi Po 289 rods with polished beams
4. The polished rods look to have had bronze bushings.
5. All of them had ARP bolts, however several of the nuts are missing..
6. There is some surface rust as you can see from the pictures, but should clean up with blasting. "

eBay Link

None are standard so this can only work if you have mates to any of these.



These rods sold 8-14-2016 on Ebay for $336.25 with 7 bids from 3 bidders.

-Fred-


At just under $24.00 a rod, let's hope the seller is happy with the sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Here's a pair of used connecting rods for sale by ebay member "pylan-us" for $100.00.

DESCRIPTION: "2 Good used rods 289 hipo or boss 302."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:19 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's a pair of used connecting rods for sale by ebay member "pylan-us" for $100.00.

DESCRIPTION: "2 Good used rods 289 hipo or boss 302."

eBay Link



SOLD!
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm

This set of (9) rods is for sale by eBay member " ostatediesel " for $800.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Original Ford 289 HIPO rods. (7) are the real 289 hipo rods with the piston oiler hole in the bottom end and orange paint markings. (2) Boss 302 rods. All nine have the early 3/8" square head bolts. These rods are in great shape, but should have the small end bushed."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:25 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of (9) rods is for sale by eBay member " ostatediesel " for $800.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Original Ford 289 HIPO rods. (7) are the real 289 hipo rods with the piston oiler hole in the bottom end and orange paint markings. (2) Boss 302 rods. All nine have the early 3/8" square head bolts. These rods are in great shape, but should have the small end bushed."

eBay Link


Price dropped to $720.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 pm

This auction is for 4 used connecting rods offered by eBay member " shelby-boss ".

DESCRIPTION: "Auction is for 4 used Boss 302 Connecting Rods. All 4 are marked C3AE."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:39 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of (9) rods is for sale by eBay member " ostatediesel " for $800.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Original Ford 289 HIPO rods. (7) are the real 289 hipo rods with the piston oiler hole in the bottom end and orange paint markings. (2) Boss 302 rods. All nine have the early 3/8" square head bolts. These rods are in great shape, but should have the small end bushed."

eBay Link

Price dropped to $720.00.


Another price drop to US $640.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:44 pm

This set of used rods is for sale by eBay member " epk103 " for $1,400.00. (or make an offer).

DESCRIPTION: "This is set of 8 hipo connecting rods for 1963-67 289 V-8 motor. They are in excellent condition. they are numbered 1 thru 8. they were removed from a 1965 hipo 289 motor."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:45 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of (9) rods is for sale by eBay member " ostatediesel " for $800.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Original Ford 289 HIPO rods. (7) are the real 289 hipo rods with the piston oiler hole in the bottom end and orange paint markings. (2) Boss 302 rods. All nine have the early 3/8" square head bolts. These rods are in great shape, but should have the small end bushed."

eBay Link

Price dropped to $720.00.

Another price drop to US $640.00.


SOLD
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:53 pm

This set of 8 used rods is for sale by eBay member "zzzx12".

DESCRIPTION: "EIGHT - FORD C3AE Connecting Rods 289 HiPo - Boss 302 I picked up a load of parts from a long time Shelby GT350 racer.
Among the engine parts, I came across a nice set of used rods. Ford # C3ME with oval 9/16 bolts (typically Boss 302)
But, after careful examination I noticed the these rods looked to have once had the piston oiler hole,
that is typically found on 289 HiPo rods. see Pics.
Rods are stamped 1-8
Anyway, I'm listing these with a "Buy it now" but feel free to make a reasonable offer."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:09 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of 8 used rods is for sale by eBay member "zzzx12".

DESCRIPTION: "EIGHT - FORD C3AE Connecting Rods 289 HiPo - Boss 302 I picked up a load of parts from a long time Shelby GT350 racer.
Among the engine parts, I came across a nice set of used rods. Ford # C3ME with oval 9/16 bolts (typically Boss 302)
But, after careful examination I noticed the these rods looked to have once had the piston oiler hole,
that is typically found on 289 HiPo rods. see Pics.
Rods are stamped 1-8
Anyway, I'm listing these with a "Buy it now" but feel free to make a reasonable offer."

eBay Link


SOLD for $350.00. WOW
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:07 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This auction is for 4 used connecting rods offered by eBay member " shelby-boss ".

DESCRIPTION: "Auction is for 4 used Boss 302 Connecting Rods. All 4 are marked C3AE."

eBay Link


SOLD for $162.50 [ 11 bids ].
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:33 pm

THIS set of 8 used rods is for sale by eBay member " junk_hunter " for $800.00, or make an offer.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:12 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of used rods is for sale by eBay member " epk103 " for $1,400.00. (or make an offer).

DESCRIPTION: "This is set of 8 hipo connecting rods for 1963-67 289 V-8 motor. They are in excellent condition. they are numbered 1 thru 8. they were removed from a 1965 hipo 289 motor."

eBay Link


These rods received no bids by December 2, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7581
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This set of used rods is for sale by eBay member " epk103 " for $1,400.00. (or make an offer).

DESCRIPTION: "This is set of 8 hipo connecting rods for 1963-67 289 V-8 motor. They are in excellent condition. they are numbered 1 thru 8. they were removed from a 1965 hipo 289 motor."

eBay Link

These rods received no bids by December 2, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


Relisted HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 pm

HERE'S a set of used rods and BOSS pistons for sale by eBay member " pulliam01 " with a starting bid of $795.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:48 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS set of 8 used rods is for sale by eBay member " junk_hunter " for $800.00, or make an offer.


Price lowered to $750.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8291
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:58 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS set of 8 used rods is for sale by eBay member " junk_hunter " for $800.00, or make an offer.


These rods received no bids by December 10, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7581
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used C3AE Connecting Rods

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:00 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS set of 8 used rods is for sale by eBay member " junk_hunter " for $800.00, or make an offer.


These rods received no bids by December 10, 2016 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


These rods are back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction and a Buy-It-Now of $575.00:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-FORD-M ... fresh=true

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7581
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

PreviousNext

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest