BJ Palm Beach

Post links and desKriptions of Kars on AutoTrader, ebay, Craig's List, other Kar or auKtion sites, or in loKal Klassified ads. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of Kars.

BJ Palm Beach

Postby Bartman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 am

Hello guys. Just watching BJ Palm Beach this weekend. Four K codes for sale and a 66 Hertz Shelby 350. Interesting-the k codes fetched good money, $50K for a coupe all the way up to $100K for a vert. The vert actually did better than the 350H that went for $95K.

Bartman
Bartman
Kommitted

Re: BJ Palm Beach

Postby davmcn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 pm

On Saturday a K Konvertible rolled across the block at $57,200 (including buyer’s premium). The car looked very nice in the B-J hosted pics. Cannot come to grips with the obvious disparity in pricing.
davmcn
AttraKted

Postby Bartman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:52 pm

So true. For some reason the Kars on Friday brought better prices than Saturday.
Bartman
Kommitted

Postby davmcn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:04 pm

I do know the 3 K cars on Friday were owned/represented by Dale Ledbetter, noted classics buyer/seller with Rick Hendrick and that may have had something to do with the 3 on Friday behaving so strongly. Heck, a '67 GT350 crossed the block on Saturday and brought the same amount the K convertible did on Friday. That was a surprise also.
davmcn
AttraKted

Postby evantugby » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm

$55K for a coupe K-code
$71,500 for a fastback k-code
$105K for a convertible K-code.

I missed the Saturday Kar.

These might be new pricing standards. Of note: These were rotisserie restorations however description doesn't indicate they had their original drivetrains. Does anyone know this info?

My personal opinion: whoever restored them had them sitting to high on their suspension. They are sitting way to tall.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby davmcn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 pm

They were “numbers matching” as was told to me by someone that was in attendance. Was also told all three cars underwent total restorations in 2017.

Sitting high due to springs. Typical of many of these “new” springs. Sure makes the cars look uncomfortable.
davmcn
AttraKted

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Bartman wrote:Hello guys. Just watching BJ Palm Beach this weekend. Four K codes for sale and a 66 Hertz Shelby 350. Interesting-the k codes fetched good money, $50K for a coupe all the way up to $100K for a vert. The vert actually did better than the 350H that went for $95K.

Bartman

Thanks for the interesting report. :)
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 pm

davmcn wrote:They were “numbers matching” as was told to me by someone that was in attendance. Was also told all three cars underwent total restorations in 2017.

Sitting high due to springs. Typical of many of these “new” springs. Sure makes the cars look uncomfortable.

Replacing springs seems to be a dicey proposition unless original NOS pieces are used. (Good luck finding some!). Seems that many aftermarket springs don't "sit" right, and all bets are off regarding the ride quality.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

evantugby wrote:$55K for a coupe K-code... might be new pricing standards...however description doesn't indicate they had their original drivetrains.

Guess it's time to raise the insurance value on mine... ;)
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby JPhil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 am

I wouldn't take any auction price as the "new standard" as they are not a true measuring stick. I was in attendance and did see these and other cars of interest here and can tell you that although they were "nice" looking, they were way over sold for the amount of replacement and non original parts the new owners are getting for the money.

If it's a shiny example of what you feel will impress the folks next door then you got what you paid for. If you wanted a true, solid and original car there were plenty of them to be had at realistic prices that never saw the lights of the TV cameras. This was true of many cars, not just Fords.

There is no doubt the K codes are commanding a premium at auction, hence why so many are starting to come out of the woodwork. We all want them to increase in value, especially the auction houses.

JP
JPhil
RidiKulous

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:16 pm

JPhil wrote:I wouldn't take any auction price as the "new standard" as they are not a true measuring stick. I was in attendance and did see these and other cars of interest here and can tell you that although they were "nice" looking, they were way over sold for the amount of replacement and non original parts the new owners are getting for the money.

There is no doubt the K codes are commanding a premium at auction, hence why so many are starting to come out of the woodwork. We all want them to increase in value, especially the auction houses.

JP

Agree with that, JP... Although I'm not serious about raising the insurance value on mine based on the auctions, the old adage about the "rising tide" has merits, as we are seeing now.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby Bartman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 pm

And remember guys, the true market is what buyers are willing to pay. Like it or not sales set the values.
Bartman
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Bartman wrote:And remember guys, the true market is what buyers are willing to pay. Like it or not sales set the values.

Apparently there were buyers that that were willing to step up! Were these hammer prices or after buyers fees added?

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby Bartman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 am

Prices include 10% buyers premium.