Page 1 of 1

5F07K316581

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:24 pm
by SixT5HiPo
HERE'S a slightly modified Red hardtop for sale with a reserve by eBay member " southernmotors ".

Re: 5F07K316581

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 pm
by jwc66k
SixT5HiPo wrote: slightly modified Red hardtop

That may be an understatement. Customized would be better. I didn't see anything that could be easily removed and replaced, exhaust tips maybe - maybe not. The biggest costs to get to "correct" are the carburetor, fuel pump and distributor.
Jim

Re: 5F07K316581

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:46 am
by zray
Am I the only one who hates to see an export brace installed with the old stubbies left in place ? They are easy to remove, just 3 or 4 spot welds. And if you see a reason to go back to stock, then zap zap zap. 2 minutes later the stubs are spot welded back in place.

Just choose one or the other, but leaving the stubbies looks, and is, half-a**ed.


Z

Re: 5F07K316581

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 am
by JPhil
jwc66k wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote: slightly modified Red hardtop

That may be an understatement. Customized would be better. I didn't see anything that could be easily removed and replaced, exhaust tips maybe - maybe not. The biggest costs to get to "correct" are the carburetor, fuel pump and distributor.
Jim



+ 1000!

I may be mistaken but I think this vin was bounced around as an alleged "frankencar". ie: many parts to make one. This is the first I have seen it but judging by the pictures alone, the scuttlebutt would appear to be accurate.

JP

Re: 5F07K316581

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am
by C6ZZKGT
jwc66k wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote: slightly modified Red hardtop

That may be an understatement. Customized would be better. I didn't see anything that could be easily removed and replaced, exhaust tips maybe - maybe not. The biggest costs to get to "correct" are the carburetor, fuel pump and distributor.
Jim


It also has the typical reproduction data plate which adds to the mystery of what this car really is. :o

-Fred-

Re: 5F07K316581

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:51 pm
by SixT5HiPo
zray wrote:Am I the only one who hates to see an export brace installed with the old stubbies left in place ? They are easy to remove, just 3 or 4 spot welds. And if you see a reason to go back to stock, then zap zap zap. 2 minutes later the stubs are spot welded back in place.

Just choose one or the other, but leaving the stubbies looks, and is, half-a**ed.


Z


You are so right...(as usual). ;)

Re: 5F07K316581

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 am
by SixT5HiPo
SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE'S a slightly modified Red hardtop for sale with a reserve by eBay member " southernmotors ".


Seller cancelled all bids...high bid was $27,536.23.