5t07k170540 project

Post links and desKriptions of Kars on AutoTrader, ebay, Craig's List, other Kar or auKtion sites, or in loKal Klassified ads. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of Kars.

5t07k170540 project

Postby JPhil » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:32 pm

JPhil
RidiKulous

Re: 5t07k170540 project

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm

It does have one side of the Hipo mounts and the frame casting for the other side. .

-Fred-.
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:12 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:

It does have one side of the Hipo mounts and the frame casting for the other side. .

-Fred-.

Most people probably will not notice the very rare C6ZE 3 core Ford radiator used for a limited time in 1966 A/C Mustangs. I use these when I can find them as they work very well for a street car and even though incorrect for a Hipo, at least it is a Ford piece.

It also has the correct, hard to find rear end snubber.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby 6R09K » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 am

And in the end what do you have ?
6R09K
AttraKted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:26 am

6R09K wrote:And in the end what do you have ?

Being as the negative sides are just so obvious, I thought that I would try to throw in just a little positives, which are few.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby evantugby » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

The fact that this kar has original build sheet is awesome! It's got that going for it. But yes, severe rust issues. What would the price HAVE TO BE for you to purchase this vehicle, if you were local to the kar?
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Auction ended with exactly zero bids.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:

This Kar is back on Ebay again with a $1,000 lower starting bid of $3,999.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-Must ... 84?vxp=mtr

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:48 pm

SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:20 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:

This Kar is back on Ebay again with a $1,000 lower starting bid of $3,999.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-Must ... 84?vxp=mtr

-Fred-

This is the first time where I have seen long rear spring shackles where the rear end of the Kar still sits low. Maybe the fact that the frame they attach to is missing will explain this. ;) I am surprised that the seller was able to find a solid enough place for the floor jack when raising up the front area.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:46 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
This is the first time where I have seen long rear spring shackles where the rear end of the Kar still sits low. Maybe the fact that the frame they attach to is missing will explain this. ;) I am surprised that the seller was able to find a solid enough place for the floor jack when raising up the front area.

-Fred-

It's sad to see any Mustang where the rear shackles are not attached to anything solid, having literally separated from their anchor points due to rust-out, but especially painful to see that on a "K".
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby evantugby » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 am

My question still remains: What would the price have to be for you guys to pull the trigger and buy this kar to save it?
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:09 am

evantugby wrote:My question still remains: What would the price have to be for you guys to pull the trigger and buy this kar to save it?

The price question will vary greatly depending on who replies. This Kar needs so much metal work that one would need to replace almost the complete floor pan from the firewall back including the trunk area with the rear frame rails. Of course whoever is doing this would need to have a lot of talent and a place to do this. The rest of the shells integrity is also unknown and suspect. Note the rust out at the front corners of the trunk drain troughs. Even though it was a nice Kar at one time, it would take an enormous effort just to get it back on the road, much less with any Hipo components. The only Hipo components with this Kar are the rear axle assembly, of dubious rusty finish, and 1 1/2 motor mount assemblies. It currently has no transmission and has the wrong engine. Anyone doing this Kar would be extremely upside down in it even if the Kar were free and already at your place. All of this, sadly, puts this Kar into the parts car category and then you are only really getting a very minimal amount of truly useable parts.

The short answer to price is what the Kar is worth in parts, however that is just my opinion.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:19 am

evantugby wrote:My question still remains: What would the price have to be for you guys to pull the trigger and buy this kar to save it?

This one may be a case of how much cash would have to be given to someone by the current owner to take this rusted out koupe. :cry:
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:29 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:

The price question will vary greatly depending on who replies. This Kar needs so much metal work that one would need to replace almost the complete floor pan from the firewall back including the trunk area with the rear frame rails. Of course whoever is doing this would need to have a lot of talent and a place to do this. The rest of the shells integrity is also unknown and suspect. Note the rust out at the front corners of the trunk drain troughs. Even though it was a nice Kar at one time, it would take an enormous effort just to get it back on the road, much less with any Hipo components. The only Hipo components with this Kar are the rear axle assembly, of dubious rusty finish, and 1 1/2 motor mount assemblies. It currently has no transmission and has the wrong engine. Anyone doing this Kar would be extremely upside down in it even if the Kar were free and already at your place. All of this, sadly, puts this Kar into the parts car category and then you are only really getting a very minimal amount of truly useable parts.

The short answer to price is what the Kar is worth in parts, however that is just my opinion.

-Fred-

Evan, we now have a solid answer to your question as this Kar sold November 29, 2017 on Ebay for $3,999.00.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:51 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:Evan, we now have a solid answer to your question as this Kar sold November 29, 2017 on Ebay for $3,999.00.

-Fred-

Clearly not a bargain at that price. Gotta wonder what will happen to this one now.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

Evan, we now have a solid answer to your question as this Kar sold November 29, 2017 on Ebay for $3,999.00.

-Fred-

The original buyer backed out of the auction so it is back on Ebay again at the same price with a different Ebay auction description:

*Note I DONT have a title or old reg and live in CT a state that doesn't issue one for a car this old. The only paperwork the winning bidder will get is an official CT Bill of Sale form H-31 from me.

NO RESERVE! Trying one more time before storing it away until spring. Starting price the lowest I will take. Relisting- winning bidder back out with "health issues" right after bidding.

This is a rare find- a factory GT as designated by the P10 on the buck tag and build sheet. Car comes with the original door tag and build sheet which is a rare find. The apron vin is a little faint so I put powder in it to accent the numbers for the picture. Retains its original 9" rearend (which I would pull for 2k). I feel the car is savable with work- I've done worse. The car has the front disc brakes, larger sway bar and the choke and fog light switch under the dash and the 1965 5 gauge GT gauge cluster. The engine and trans are not original to the car - looks like maybe a performance built 1973 302 4bl car (heads 3G19 or 3C19) (orig gone many years ago) and are just sitting there- not hooked up. The engine is not frozen and my guess it could run if hooked up heads are very clean so it may have been rebuilt. Has an aftermarket performance intake and carb. What you see for parts is what you get.

Has a partial original set of motor mounts as shown (one side incomplete but has both rare frame brackets), some replacement parts in the trunk including a better set of door/side and rear glass. The car has old Shelby traction bars on it and the horn ring is a Shelby one. It would be a great resto project and had a lot of good metal but it does need metal work all around including floors, doors, parts of rails etc etc. I'm not going to get to this car so I am starting the bid at thousands less than I have into it. Reserve the right to sell the car locally. If you bought and parted it out the parts on this car are worth well more than my starting price.

Selling the car as is where is, you must arrange shipment but I can be here to release the car. Doesn't run or brake- shippers will need to know that.

$200 deposit required with 48hrs of auction close, full payment with 7 days of auction close and payment must clear before car is signed over and released. Please confirm you can afford it, can ship/pick it up and ask questions or inspect the car prior to bidding on the car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152827189084?s ... :MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 am

"Relisting- winning bidder back out with "health issues" right after bidding.

Is it possible the winner bidder got sick when it turned out that they had the highest bid and had to buy the kar?
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:

-Fred-

-Fred-

The original buyer backed out of the auction so it is back on Ebay again at the same price with a different Ebay auction description:

*Note I DONT have a title or old reg and live in CT a state that doesn't issue one for a car this old. The only paperwork the winning bidder will get is an official CT Bill of Sale form H-31 from me.

NO RESERVE! Trying one more time before storing it away until spring. Starting price the lowest I will take. Relisting- winning bidder back out with "health issues" right after bidding.

This is a rare find- a factory GT as designated by the P10 on the buck tag and build sheet. Car comes with the original door tag and build sheet which is a rare find. The apron vin is a little faint so I put powder in it to accent the numbers for the picture. Retains its original 9" rearend (which I would pull for 2k). I feel the car is savable with work- I've done worse. The car has the front disc brakes, larger sway bar and the choke and fog light switch under the dash and the 1965 5 gauge GT gauge cluster. The engine and trans are not original to the car - looks like maybe a performance built 1973 302 4bl car (heads 3G19 or 3C19) (orig gone many years ago) and are just sitting there- not hooked up. The engine is not frozen and my guess it could run if hooked up heads are very clean so it may have been rebuilt. Has an aftermarket performance intake and carb. What you see for parts is what you get.

Has a partial original set of motor mounts as shown (one side incomplete but has both rare frame brackets), some replacement parts in the trunk including a better set of door/side and rear glass. The car has old Shelby traction bars on it and the horn ring is a Shelby one. It would be a great resto project and had a lot of good metal but it does need metal work all around including floors, doors, parts of rails etc etc. I'm not going to get to this car so I am starting the bid at thousands less than I have into it. Reserve the right to sell the car locally. If you bought and parted it out the parts on this car are worth well more than my starting price.

Selling the car as is where is, you must arrange shipment but I can be here to release the car. Doesn't run or brake- shippers will need to know that.

$200 deposit required with 48hrs of auction close, full payment with 7 days of auction close and payment must clear before car is signed over and released. Please confirm you can afford it, can ship/pick it up and ask questions or inspect the car prior to bidding on the car.

-Fred-[/quote]

This Kar received no bids by December 20, 2017 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby JPhil » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:41 pm

JPhil
RidiKulous

Postby 289kford » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:28 pm

What version harmonic balancer is that in the engine pic?
289kford
Kommitted

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:42 pm

289kford wrote:What version harmonic balancer is that in the engine pic?

Looks like a C5 version with degree marks added?
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
289kford wrote:What version harmonic balancer is that in the engine pic?

Looks like a C5 version with degree marks added?

That most likely is the 302 balancer as they used a wide balancer in the 1968 era. I do not see the bevel on the rear side of the balancer that the Hipo has. The 302 balancer has fooled me in the past as well. The 302 balancer does not have the complete outer ring like the Hipo and has a section that is not there for balancing although that cannot be seen on this one with the position that it is in. That area will show up when you turn the engine.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to Kars: Must be original K-Code Mustang