6R09K184117 FS on Ebay

Post links and desKriptions of Kars on AutoTrader, ebay, Craig's List, other Kar or auKtion sites, or in loKal Klassified ads. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of Kars.

6R09K184117 FS on Ebay

Postby JPhil » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:52 am

JPhil
RidiKulous

Re: 6R09K184117 FS on Ebay

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

JPhil wrote:

Car is also listed on Barrett Jackson site:
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1966-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-K-FASTBACK-215962

And Hemmings.

JP

Interesting that there is No Reserve on the B-J listing, but there is one on the eBay. Wonder if the 8" rear is a typo?
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby evantugby » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm

I spoke to the seller who verified it has a Ford C6ZF-E carburetor which my records indicate this is NOT a HiPo carb. Please confirm.
This Kar does have a non-numbers matching vin stamped block

Seller also could NOT find a PCW-BA tag on the Automatic HiPo transmission.

Seller did verify correct 21 casting number on each head

Interesting note: Door tag character under axle is a "D". I told the seller this is 3:25 gears and HiPo's did not come with 3:25 gears from factory. Can anyone explain this? Perhaps a Customer special order?

Question: Why does the distributor have vacuum advance?

Seller did mention he had a $45K offer already.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
JPhil wrote:

Car is also listed on Barrett Jackson site:
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1966-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-K-FASTBACK-215962

And Hemmings.

JP

Interesting that there is No Reserve on the B-J listing, but there is one on the eBay. Wonder if the 8" rear is a typo?

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale is a no reserve auction house. As a seller, "you pays your money and you takes your chances". ;)

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:52 pm

evantugby wrote:I spoke to the seller who verified it has a Ford C6ZF-E carburetor which my records indicate this is NOT a HiPo carb. Please confirm.
This Kar does have a non-numbers matching vin stamped block

Seller also could NOT find a PCW-BA tag on the Automatic HiPo transmission.

Seller did verify correct 21 casting number on each head

Interesting note: Door tag character under axle is a "D". I told the seller this is 3:25 gears and HiPo's did not come with 3:25 gears from factory. Can anyone explain this? Perhaps a Customer special order?

Question: Why does the distributor have vacuum advance?

Seller did mention he had a $45K offer already.

The C6ZF-E carburetor is for a 225 horsepower California emission car with a automatic transmission.

I could be wrong, but the left side exhaust manifold appears to be a standard and NOT a Hipo.

"This Kar does have a non-numbers matching vin stamped block"
Does this mean that it does have a Hipo block with a VIN but not for this Kar?

"Interesting note: Door tag character under axle is a "D". I told the seller this is 3:25 gears and HiPo's did not come with 3:25 gears from factory. Can anyone explain this? Perhaps a Customer special order?"
This kind of change would probably require a 6 digit DSO. I only see a 71 (Los Angeles) district code on the tag?

"Question: Why does the distributor have vacuum advance?"
Simple answer is because it is wrong.

The dash had to be modified to fit the radio that is installed. Of course then the 1/4 trim panels had to be cut for the speakers.

The dash pad will have holes in it where the tachometer is installed.

The seat upholstery is original and appears to be in pretty good condition.

Really nice to see a rubber fuel line spliced into the fuel pump to carburetor fuel line. ;)

The upper alternator support bracket is the cast bracket for the California emission Thermactor pump. This would go along with a carburetor and possibly even the distributor.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:01 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:Interesting note: Door tag character under axle is a "D". I told the seller this is 3:25 gears and HiPo's did not come with 3:25 gears from factory. Can anyone explain this? Perhaps a Customer special order?

This kind of change would probably require a 6 digit DSO. I only see a 71 (Los Angeles) district code on the tag?

Agree on the six digit DSO, and that two digit code in the picture does look like it's "71", but the picture sure leaves a lot to be desired.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby evantugby » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:38 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:Interesting note: Door tag character under axle is a "D". I told the seller this is 3:25 gears and HiPo's did not come with 3:25 gears from factory. Can anyone explain this? Perhaps a Customer special order?

Agree on the six digit DSO, and that two digit code in the picture does look like it's "71", but the picture sure leaves a lot to be desired.

It clearly doesn't have a 6 digit DSO. So what is your conclusion as to why a door tag would show a K-code kar with a D-code axle? Repop tag that looks more authentic then others?

Also, to answer Fred's question--Yes, this car's block does have a vin stamp on the block that does not match the kar's vin number.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 am

The seller just added a $50,000 Buy-It-Now to the Ebay auction.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:35 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:The seller just added a $50,000 Buy-It-Now to the Ebay auction.

-Fred-

Buyer beware!
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:38 pm

evantugby wrote:
It clearly doesn't have a 6 digit DSO. So what is your conclusion as to why a door tag would show a K-code kar with a D-code axle? Repop tag that looks more authentic then others?

Without a build sheet or other original documentation, it's hard to provide that answer regarding the D Code axle.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby JPhil » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:12 pm

evantugby wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:

Also, to answer Fred's question--Yes, this car's block does have a vin stamp on the block that does not match the kar's vin number.

Marti makes correct repop door tags with correct rivets so there are "more authentic" looking tags available.
Anyone with a few dollars can have one made.
This is close but looking a bit closer you will see a difference in the correct font size evident.

Based on the obvious incorrect items, the mashup of vin's, lack of tags, no documentation and generic info given, I would surmise that this car likely was built from a host of K code bones.
The misinformation on the door tag would probably be from someone not knowing the difference.

JP

The car is no longer available on ebay.

Surprise. :o
JPhil
RidiKulous

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm

JPhil wrote:[

Marti makes correct repop door tags with correct rivets so there are "more authentic" looking tags available.
Anyone with a few dollars can have one made.
This is close but looking a bit closer you will see a difference in the correct font size evident.

Based on the obvious incorrect items, the mashup of vin's, lack of tags, no documentation and generic info given, I would surmise that this car likely was built from a host of K code bones.
The misinformation on the door tag would probably be from someone not knowing the difference.

JP

The car is no longer available on ebay.

Surprise. :o

With a high bid of $28,600 for a ??? code fastback is pretty strong money.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:08 am

JPhil wrote:Some pretty obvious questions with this car.

JP

Including the "backwards" battery.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:03 am

B-J site says "This car is no longer available"
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Return to Kars: Must be original K-Code Mustang