6F07K284270

Post links and desKriptions of Kars on AutoTrader, ebay, Craig's List, other Kar or auKtion sites, or in loKal Klassified ads. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of Kars.

6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:13 am

THIS "unrestored" 66 hardtop is for sale by eBay member " gs7shelby ".

"1966 Mustang "K" Code HiPo Coupe

Original Unrestored California Car
Original numbers matching vin stamped 289 HiPo Block
Original HiPo "20" and "19" Heads
Motor has never been rebuilt or opened up
Original Intake w/ data Tag still attached
Orignal FoMoCo dual point distributor dated 5M
Original HiPo Exhaust Manifolds
Original "C4ZE" Radiator and Fan Shroud
Original HiPo Fan and Spacer
Original HiPo Alternator Pulley
Original HiPo Air Cleaner Lid and Base w/ "6C" date code
Original K-H Disc Brakes w/ Original Rotors, Calipers, Master Cylinder, and Proportioning Valve
Original Shocks
Original 9" Rear Axle Assembly w/ Data Tag still attached to center section and 3.50 axle ratio
Original HiPo "C" Servo C-4 Automatic Transmission w/ original data tag still attached
(4) Original 14" Styled Steel Wheels
Original factory Window sticker, owners manual, and it's original California Emissions certificate of Compliance inspection card dated 3-18-66.


This 1966 Mustang is a factory Raven Black on Black "K" code coupe. It has a March 1966 build date and was originally built at the Dearborn, MI plant and shipped new to California with a Los Angeles DSO, which was not common for Ford to do. The Mustang was originally sold new through San Marino Motors in San Marino, CA. The original window sticker was sent to the dealership from the California motor vehicle department and is still in the original envelope in which it was mailed to the dealership in. This Mustang may have had an interesting history early in it's life, but I have not been able to put all the pieces together.

All inner fender panels in the engine compartment and frame rails are all original with factory spot welds and no rust whatsoever. The black satin paint on the engine compartment is original. The vin is factory stamped on the driver's side inner fender in a non-typical area from most Mustangs. The car is a very clean and rust free car with all of it's original sheet metal except for the passenger side rear quarter. The quarter panel is a Ford replacement (red oxide primer) and looks to have been installed many years ago and will need to be reworked. The only apparent rust is on the front corner of the passenger door (pictured). The car looks to have it's original paint, but it is far from perfect. All front and rear frame rails are original and perfect. The trunk floors are original and perfect. The floor pans are original and near perfect. There is minor rust in the rear floor (pictured), but nothing worth replacing, an easy fix. The interior is mostly original with the exception of a new dash pad and carpet. The lower portion of the two front seats are torn at the seam and the rear seat is perfect. There are paint and chalk markings on some of the components, like a "K" written on the front radiator support and paint daubs on the rear center section and I'm sure there are a lot more once you really start looking. This car is extremely original and untouched.

The only non-stock items on this car are the addition of side marker lights and additional taillights. Someone took a lot of time and effort to add the extra taillight openings because they look like they were factory stamped with rolled edges, just like the factory tail light openings. This car was also a participant in the 1966 Mustang Round-Up Rally in California, a promotional event put on by Ford, and still has the participant dash plaque medallion on the glove box door.

The Mustang runs and drives very well. The 289 HiPo has the reminiscent clatter of the solid lifter camshaft and runs very smooth with no issues. There has been a new MagNaflow exhaust system installed and gas tank. The engine, transmission, and rear axle assembly have never been rebuilt or removed from the car. It is obvious the engine has never been opened up, intake and exhaust manifolds appear to have never been removed. The car shows 71,107 miles on the odometer.

This HiPo Mustang would make an easy restoration project for the fact that it has all of it's hard to find HiPo parts and a near rust free body. This car is very complete and original.

If you have any questions or would like to see additional pictures, please feel free to contact me. I do have additional pictures I can send on request. The car is located in Phoenix, AZ and can be inspected with an appointment. I do reserve the right to end this auction early. Thank you for looking at my auction. "
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 am

This Kar does not have the original carburetor or fuel pump.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar does not have the original carburetor or fuel pump.

-Fred-


Yes, the carb has obviously been "rebuilt" with lots of replated/new pieces. The water pump might have been replaced at some point as well. Gotta love the "backwards" battery.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:25 pm

The seller has lowered the reserve price as of January 27, 2018.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby evantugby » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Did anyone notice the vin stamp on the apron? That doesn't appear consistent with Ford vin stamps considering the spacing is off as well as the stars on either end are missing. It appears the fender is "cupped" now from someone trying to stamp it themselves.

I also noticed the kar was built in Dearborn but the kar was sold in California. Why when it could have been built in San Jose. Perhaps this window sticker is not original and has been artificially aged. I would have to put the document in my hand to know more for sure.

This kar has some explaining to do. ;)
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
User avatar
evantugby
Kommitted
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 1:19 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 pm

This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:17 pm

evantugby wrote:Did anyone notice the vin stamp on the apron? That doesn't appear consistent with Ford vin stamps considering the spacing is off as well as the stars on either end are missing. It appears the fender is "cupped" now from someone trying to stamp it themselves.

I also noticed the kar was built in Dearborn but the kar was sold in California. Why when it could have been built in San Jose. Perhaps this window sticker is not original and has been artificially aged. I would have to put the document in my hand to know more for sure.

This kar has some explaining to do. ;)


I will agree that the VIN stamp is odd and likely not correct.

In regards to a Dearborn 1966 Har with a California DSO, it has for sure happened. One of the Kars that I keep up for one of my customers is a 66 Hipo fastback C4 with a 71 (Los Angeles) DSO and everything is correct. I have no good explanation for this discrepancy. The similarities of my customers Kar to this one are that both are black with black standard interior and C4. I will need to check my customers Kar to see if the build dates are similar.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
evantugby wrote:I also noticed the kar was built in Dearborn but the kar was sold in California. Why when it could have been built in San Jose. Perhaps this window sticker is not original and has been artificially aged. I would have to put the document in my hand to know more for sure.

This kar has some explaining to do. ;)




In regards to a Dearborn 1966 Har with a California DSO, it has for sure happened. One of the Kars that I keep up for one of my customers is a 66 Hipo fastback C4 with a 71 (Los Angeles) DSO and everything is correct. I have no good explanation for this discrepancy. The similarities of my customers Kar to this one are that both are black with black standard interior and C4. I will need to check my customers Kar to see if the build dates are similar.

-Fred-


There is an interesting section in the Smart and Haskell book regarding "local" DSO and "cross country" assembly plants.Their explanation is that it was sometimes easier to build a car and ship it 3000 miles by rail than delay production because of lack of specific parts. In this case the HiPo C4 might have been in short supply, causing S-J to pass the order to Dearborn which had the necessary transmission.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby hipo_p51 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 pm

So is it safe to say this was a special order car, maybe rushed (strange VIN stamp and location on apron). Has anyone seen other K's with similar VIN stamping and location?



SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:
evantugby wrote:I also noticed the kar was built in Dearborn but the kar was sold in California. Why when it could have been built in San Jose. Perhaps this window sticker is not original and has been artificially aged. I would have to put the document in my hand to know more for sure.

This kar has some explaining to do. ;)




In regards to a Dearborn 1966 Har with a California DSO, it has for sure happened. One of the Kars that I keep up for one of my customers is a 66 Hipo fastback C4 with a 71 (Los Angeles) DSO and everything is correct. I have no good explanation for this discrepancy. The similarities of my customers Kar to this one are that both are black with black standard interior and C4. I will need to check my customers Kar to see if the build dates are similar.

-Fred-


There is an interesting section in the Smart and Haskell book regarding "local" DSO and "cross country" assembly plants.Their explanation is that it was sometimes easier to build a car and ship it 3000 miles by rail than delay production because of lack of specific parts. In this case the HiPo C4 might have been in short supply, causing S-J to pass the order to Dearborn which had the necessary transmission.
User avatar
hipo_p51
OKKupied
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm
Location: insane diego

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 am

hipo_p51 wrote:So is it safe to say this was a special order car, maybe rushed (strange VIN stamp and location on apron).




The two digit DSO "71" does not indicate a "special order". So-called special order vehicles have a six digit DSO...
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:33 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233

-Fred-[/quote]

This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233

-Fred-[/quote]

This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

-Fred-[/quote]

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:42 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

-Fred-

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

-Fred-


Can't wait to see what happens...Can you say "shill" bidder?
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233

-Fred-[/quote]

This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

-Fred-[/quote]

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

-Fred-[/quote]

The seller just added the following statement this morning as this auction is drawing to a close:

On Feb-25-18 at 06:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:

ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it. Thanks to all bidders who showed interest in the car. If you are still interested in the Mustang, feel free to reach out to me after the auction.

Thank you,
George

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233

-Fred-[/quote]

This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

-Fred-[/quote]

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

-Fred-[/quote]

The seller just added the following statement this morning as this auction is drawing to a close:

On Feb-25-18 at 06:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:

ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it. Thanks to all bidders who showed interest in the car. If you are still interested in the Mustang, feel free to reach out to me after the auction.

Thank you,
George

-Fred-[/quote]

As of 7:57 AM this morning the seller cancelled this auction with the following statement "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:19 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This Kar was bid to $20,100.00 by January 29, 2018 but did not meet the sellers reserve and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred.


Relisted HERE with a high starting bid of $27,500.00.



This Kar received no bids by February 18, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233

-Fred-[/quote]

This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

-Fred-[/quote]

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

-Fred-[/quote]

The seller just added the following statement this morning as this auction is drawing to a close:

On Feb-25-18 at 06:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:

ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it. Thanks to all bidders who showed interest in the car. If you are still interested in the Mustang, feel free to reach out to me after the auction.

Thank you,
George

-Fred-[/quote]

As of 7:57 AM this morning the seller cancelled this auction with the following statement "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

-Fred-[/quote]

The seller really took this auction down to the wire as far as being within the time frame that Ebay would allow a cancelation of an auction.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 pm

This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233


This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

The seller just added the following statement this morning as this auction is drawing to a close:

On Feb-25-18 at 06:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:

ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it. Thanks to all bidders who showed interest in the car. If you are still interested in the Mustang, feel free to reach out to me after the auction.

Thank you,
George

As of 7:57 AM this morning the seller cancelled this auction with the following statement "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

The seller really took this auction down to the wire as far as being within the time frame that Ebay would allow a cancelation of an auction.

-Fred-


Seems bogus. Why have a "No Reserve" auction if you aren't willing to accept the outcome? Pulling it down because the bids are too low and claiming the item is no longer available is a crock...
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:31 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $1,000.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142694973233?V ... 2694973233


This seller is really sticking their neck out on this with a no reserve auction and such a low starting bid.

Maybe the seller is not sticking their head out as much as I am thinking though as I have seen many auctions like this where the seller ends the auction early.

The seller just added the following statement this morning as this auction is drawing to a close:

On Feb-25-18 at 06:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:

ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it. Thanks to all bidders who showed interest in the car. If you are still interested in the Mustang, feel free to reach out to me after the auction.

Thank you,
George

As of 7:57 AM this morning the seller cancelled this auction with the following statement "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

The seller really took this auction down to the wire as far as being within the time frame that Ebay would allow a cancelation of an auction.

-Fred-


Seems bogus. Why have a "No Reserve" auction if you aren't willing to accept the outcome? Pulling it down because the bids are too low and claiming the item is no longer available is a crock...


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $27,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Must ... 0677.m4598

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:27 pm


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $27,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Must ... 0677.m4598

-Fred-


Someone should remind the seller of what was stated in the earlier listing: " ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it."
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:20 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:

This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $27,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Must ... 0677.m4598

-Fred-


Someone should remind the seller of what was stated in the earlier listing: " ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it."


This Kar received no bids by April 14, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon May 07, 2018 1:06 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:

This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $27,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Must ... 0677.m4598

-Fred-


Someone should remind the seller of what was stated in the earlier listing: " ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it."


This Kar received no bids by April 14, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a new lower starting bid of $26,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142785715080?V ... 2785715080

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: 6F07K284270

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun May 13, 2018 9:31 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:

This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a starting bid of $27,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Must ... 0677.m4598

-Fred-


Someone should remind the seller of what was stated in the earlier listing: " ATTENTION: I will cancel the auction if the current bid price is not where I feel the car should sell for. If I do end the auction early, I will not re-list the car. This is the last time the car will be up for sale and I will likely keep it."


This Kar received no bids by April 14, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This Kar is back on Ebay again as a no reserve auction with a new lower starting bid of $26,500.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142785715080?V ... 2785715080

-Fred-[/quote]

This Kar sold May 13, 2018 on Ebay for $26,500.00.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California


Return to Kars: Must be original K-Code Mustang

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest