HiPo Updates?

The latest news and announcements about this site. Also the place to offer suggestions, Komments, Kriticisims, and such for the HPM eKschange as well as the main site.

HiPo Updates?

Postby evantugby » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Does anyone know if Marv/Tony/Hank are present and accounted for? They might be missing in action.

I would love to volunteer my time to be a moderator to field any questions/concerns/updates for the HPM HiPo mustang registry if either of them needs a fourth. :)

I have some good ideas to create a small HPM shop on this site too with some designs for shirts, hats, windbreakers, key chains, water bottles, etc....
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Re: HiPo Updates?

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 pm

evantugby wrote:Does anyone know if Marv/Tony/Hank are present and accounted for? They might be missing in action.

I would love to volunteer my time to be a moderator to field any questions/concerns/updates for the HPM HiPo mustang registry if either of them needs a fourth. :)

I have some good ideas to create a small HPM shop on this site too with some designs for shirts, hats, windbreakers, key chains, water bottles, etc....

Thank you for your interest.

Marv and Hank are alive and well. There are no plans for a future edition of the Tony Gregory book which has the printed registry. There is some legal reason why this can not go forward which cannot be discussed on an open forum. This site has offered shirts and hats in the past.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby evantugby » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:20 am

Fred,
This site is almost dead. Would like to see more K-code owners frequent the site more often. Selling stuff in the past is in the past. What are we doing for K-code owners right now in terms of items for sale and providing a forum they wish to log into more?
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby Bartman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 am

I agree with you. The individual members of this site are incredible sources of information and have helped me immensely with my restoration and for information about K codes. However I agree that this site is in need of an upgrade. I would love to be able to add photos and have a searchable database with owner and contact information for example.
Thanks
Bartman
Bartman
Kommitted

Postby zray » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 am

It always nice to see someone with lots of enthusiasm, and I know you must be aggravated that your ideas are not getting the response you are hoping for

You can always start your own forum . Not being a smart ass, but that is probably the only way you will get the forum that you want. Several times people have left the VMF and started their own Internet space, and seem quite content with the results. I'm talking about the concours forum and stangfix. So it can be done if the will is there.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby evantugby » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 am

Zray,
I don't want to reinvent the wheel here. We have a good skeleton in place with this site and it has a small reputation. I want to build upon that. Of course, we will need ideas from gentlemen like yourself to make it better. I guess my question is what is the future of this website and are the owners/moderators going to execute a vision to make this site more frequented by K-code owners or are they done.
evantugby
Kommitted

Postby 289kford » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:02 pm

My only comment on this subject would be that this particular site/ forum, to me at least, lost the luster of the old site. Maybe due to the absence of many of the old members. There seemed to be much more activity back then. I know some moved onto other cars or may have even passed, as some of us are getting up there. Maybe some don't know the site came back, but I still see some of those names on VMF, so I would think they would want to participate here and would know by reference to this site from that site that we are here. That said, I do not belong to VMF, but read it frequently. No particular reasons to not sign up, just haven't. I have no answers.
289kford
Kommitted

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:24 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:This site has offered shirts and hats in the past.

-Fred-

That's right...there were also K Code antenna pennants and some very nice non-slip, padded Hi Po fender covers, Marv paid up front for the merchandise, and it took years and years for him to sell the stock that he purchased. Of course, most vendors require minimum orders to make custom designs, and there's usually the one time set up charges as well as the cost of creating the patterns and designs. I think he just closed out the remaining shirts this year. They came in several styles, and two colors. It certainly wasn't a money maker for him to be sure. The biggest problem is someone has to finance any "stuff", with no guarantee that people will like it enough to actually buy it.

Compared to the other Mustang sites, this has always been a small site probably because as everyone knows, the number of kars is also small by percentage. Over the years, more than a few "original" members that used to post frequently have sold their kars and moved on. Many others have joined, posted their questions, got answers, and then just disappeared.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Return to HPM eKschange News and Komments