Looking For Original Block

If you find an engine, tranny, buck tag, build sheet, or any other documentation with a K VIN, post it here so it can hopefully be reunited with its Kar. You can also make an 'In Search Of' post with the VIN you're hoping to find.

Looking For Original Block

Postby Mad4HiPos » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:09 pm

I know this is really a long shot but what the heck...

I still hold out hope of finding the original block from my 66 GT350, 6S1757. The original engine blew in 1973 during a BP road race at Seattle International Raceway (formerly and now again named Pacific Raceways). The only parts ruined were the block, two rods/pistons, and the cam. The owner at the time rebuilt the engine using a D1ZE Boss 302 service block which is still in the car today. We still keep in touch, he does not remember what happened to the original block. It was likely scrapped, who cared about a K-code block with a hole in the cylinder in 1973? But....if anyone ever comes across a block with VIN 6R09K178xxx with either a hole or sleeve in one cylinder please let me know so I can see if it matches the cars Ford VIN.

Thanks!
Dave

Here's a pic of the car in action during a race at Portland IR in 1974...
Attachments
race.jpg
Dave - 6S1757
Mad4HiPos
Kommitted

Re: Looking For Original Block

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Hey Dave, that's quite a story. Here's hoping someone can help you find out if the original block is still on the planet.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby mcfly » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:10 am

Your search sounds like a long shot but stranger things have happened..
_______
MIKE

1966 GT Hipo
mcfly
OKKupied

Postby evantugby » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 am

I know this post is very old but the OP will probably never find his original block because he is afraid to post the whole vin. Its to bad because someone may have the original block and did an internet search with the full vin but it won't pull up this thread because the OP used "Xs" instead of the whole vin.

Highly recommend posting your full vins, everyone. Would also suggest posting your mismatched vins in the database thread here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4900
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby zray » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am

Look, you are never going to get Shelby owners to post the complete Ford VIN because that's all a crook needs to invent a fake Shelby. You might as well ask the Shelby owner to blow his brains out. Not going to happen.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby evantugby » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:16 am

Whoa Whoa Zray, you might need a Xanax. My point is if people wish to find missing serial numbered parts they need to put the full number out there so someone will find the page when they do an internet search.

I understand being cautious to avoid fakes too.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby zray » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 pm

No I don't need a tranquilizer.

This particular topic is referencing a Shelby block. And my reply was targeting your belief that the OP, a Shelby owner, would have better luck if he listed the entire Ford serial number. That's never going to happen with the Shelby's. The Shelby VIN and corresponding Ford VIN are highly guarded secrets. Only current and part owners of a particular car, and the SAAC club are in the know. And that's how it's going to remain.

Suggesting to a Shelby owner that they should post their Ford VIN in never going to get any traction.

Period.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby evantugby » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm

ZRay,
Do you wear a cape? Because you might be super mad.

Cheer up, Zray.
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby Mad4HiPos » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Geez, I got all excited when I saw this thread was active again, thought just maybe someone had a lead on my original block. A little disappointed to learn I'm just afraid to post my complete Ford VIN, oh well.

No need to repeat zray's comments on why it is foolish to reveal the complete Ford VIN of a GT350, as usual he nailed it, thanks Z.

FWIW, I have searched high and low using the complete VIN. There's very little chance this block escaped the scrap iron heap but there's no harm in continuing to search. So, if anyone has a lead on any block stamped with 6R09K178 please let me know...

Thanks,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757
Mad4HiPos
Kommitted

Postby zray » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 pm

evantugby wrote:ZRay,
Do you wear a cape? Because you might be super mad.

Cheer up, Zray.

It takes more than an internet forum to make me mad, or even raise my blood pressure.

I've endured 3 ex wives, raised 2 daughters, and was kidnapped and held a prisoner for 5 months by the M-19, during that time the rebels, and me, came under fire 6 times by US supplied Huey gunships.

I don't sweat the small stuff.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby evantugby » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:50 am

You're an American Patriot! I knew I liked you.
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby zray » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:17 pm

evantugby wrote:You're an American Patriot! I knew I liked you.

Sent you a PM
zray
LunatiK

Postby zray » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:39 pm

evantugby wrote:You're an American Patriot! I knew I liked you.

I'm just some guy, who's been fortunate enough to have had numerous adventures in life. I never served my country, except as a private citizen, one who tried to teach some values to his kids.

I don't think that qualifies as anything special.

Z.
zray
LunatiK

Return to Lost and Found