Found: 5R07K252388 small block

If you find an engine, tranny, buck tag, build sheet, or any other documentation with a K VIN, post it here so it can hopefully be reunited with its Kar. You can also make an 'In Search Of' post with the VIN you're hoping to find.

Found: 5R07K252388 small block

Postby evantugby » Fri May 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Putting this out there in cyberspace:

I have block 5R07K252388 currently in my 1966 Mustang K-code.

Contact me if interested.

Evan
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Re: Found: 5R07K252388 small block

Postby JPhil » Fri May 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Evan,
I saw you posts on VMF.
Just some info:

The block you have belonged to a late (Aug) '65 coupe that was offered for sale first in 1986 that I could find in my old notebooks. At that time it was in Seattle area. Just the engine. I have no info on the car itself, my guess would be a wrecked or scrap vehicle. Remember, these were just old cars then.

Your new car was sold as a roller in '92 and again in '95 or '96. My penmanship left a bit to be desired at the time so I can't read my own writing. What I can see is "trans swap" so you may want to check that out.
The car made it's way around the upper Midwest before dropping off the radar. This may be where the former owner took possession?

I have no other info on the block or the car. My guess would be that they were joined together and somewhere down the road the past owner created your current GT 350 tribute.

Regardless of some mashing of internals, you look like you have a very fun car to enjoy for years to come. Enjoy it!

JP
JPhil
RidiKulous

Postby evantugby » Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 pm

JPhil wrote:Evan,
I saw you posts on VMF.
Just some info:

The block you have belonged to a late (Aug) '65 coupe that was offered for sale first in 1986 that I could find in my old notebooks. At that time it was in Seattle area. Just the engine. I have no info on the car itself, my guess would be a wrecked or scrap vehicle. Remember, these were just old cars then.

Your new car was sold as a roller in '92 and again in '95 or '96. My penmanship left a bit to be desired at the time so I can't read my own writing. What I can see is "trans swap" so you may want to check that out.
The car made it's way around the upper Midwest before dropping off the radar. This may be where the former owner took possession?

I have no other info on the block or the car. My guess would be that they were joined together and somewhere down the road the past owner created your current GT 350 tribute.

Regardless of some mashing of internals, you look like you have a very fun car to enjoy for years to come. Enjoy it!

JP

JP,
Very interesting. Why would you have notes on this block as far back as 1986? And what do you mean my car was sold as a "roller". What does that mean? My car does NOT have the original transmission so your notes are correct there.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby JPhil » Fri May 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Check your pm
JPhil
RidiKulous

Return to Lost and Found