Database: K-code Block / Transmission Vins

If you find an engine, tranny, buck tag, build sheet, or any other documentation with a K VIN, post it here so it can hopefully be reunited with its Kar. You can also make an 'In Search Of' post with the VIN you're hoping to find.

Database: K-code Block / Transmission Vins

Postby evantugby » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:12 pm

K-code Owners,

SYNOPSIS: Help us create a database by posting your 3 Vin numbers from your TITLE, ENGINE BLOCK and TRANSMISSION

DISCUSSION: I am on the hunt for my original engine and transmission for my 1966 K-code. I believe the possibility exists that my original power plant is out there somewhere. I am willing to bet many of you also would like the opportunity to find your original engine and transmission. I believe most K-code owners will eventually find their way to this website in search of this information. I would love to keep this specific post dedicated as a database for K-code owners to submit the required information necessary to help current owners find their Kar's original power plant and transmission.

ACTION: I ask that you keep this post strictly as a spot to make known the Vin# of your KAR, ENGINE BLOCK and TRANSMISSION. This will give an opportunity for members to find out if they have YOUR original block/transmission or what block and transmission THEY are seeking. Matching number Kars increase value! Some are willing to pay top dollar for originality. If you find this initiative worth while I ask that you post your Vin number from your TITLE, BLOCK and TRANSMISSION.

Here are mine:

Title Vin # 6T09K134680
Engine Vin # 5R07K252388
4-Speed Transmission Vin # 6H01659954 (obviously non K-code vin)
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Re: Database: K-code Block / Transmission Vins

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:01 am

Evan,

I would suggest that the posting of VINs on number matching Kars should NOT be posted here as they are already correct. This posting should only apply to Kars that do not have matching VIN components.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby zray » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:06 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:Evan,

I would suggest that the posting of VINs on number matching Kars should NOT be posted here as they are already correct. This posting should only apply to Kars that do not have matching VIN components.

-Fred-

I am in complete agreement. Besides, I don't think people are thrilled about putting confidential information like this on a public forum.

I can see if you have an engine with a VIN stamping that doesn't match your car, you might want to see if there is anyone you could swap with so at least one of you had an engine that presumably COULD be the original. Other than that, mums the word

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby evantugby » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:14 am

This thread has over 100 views. I really thought people would be willing to put their mismatching vins on here so we can start matching up engines/transmissions with their original Kars.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby evantugby » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Gents, good news story. I found engine block 5R07K200115 in another K code car. The vin is registered to someone in Florida according to HiPo online registry. Just waiting on Marv to make contact with owner.

Please post your mis-matched vins in this thread so we can help others find their original engine and transmission.

:)
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby 65 GT HIPO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:22 am

Great topic evantugby, My 65 k 5R07K168941 now has a non vin number stamped block, as the story goes, The father bought the k for the 16 year old daughter in Sacramento cal.in 1976.then replaced the k with a 6 cylinder engine. so she wouldn't kill herself, So i believe my engine is out there somewhere ..
65 GT HIPO
AttraKted

Postby evantugby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:48 pm

K Owners,
I have a list of over 200 vin numbers in my database, some of them with block and transmission vins that are mismatched. This database is growing every day. I would love it if you contacted me to let me add you to the list AND so I can check to see if I know where your block or transmission is.

I have found four blocks or transmissions that belong to K-code owners listed in the registry but when I contacted Marv to let the owners know he emailed me the following: "When Tony started the registry, he did things manually and a lot, if not most didn't contain contact info."

That is unfortunate that we don't have a process to reach out to K-owners to let them know where there block/transmission is. It leads me to believe we need to make improvements to the K-code registry website.

In the mean time, contact me on my cell so I can check my database for you.

three three four, two 2 1, zero 2 1 four.
Evan
evantugby
OKKupied

Return to Lost and Found