Hello ...

Briefly introduce yourself, meet new members, or ask Kwestions on the use of the forums and this website. Stories and status updates about Kars should be posted in the Shop TalK section of the Members Only forum.

Hello ...

Postby squeaky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 am

Thank you to everyone for creating such a great source of information for the K-Code.

Definitely the best go to for K-Code.

I was also considering to buy a 68 R-Code, however due to the information and support available on this forum I have made my mind up for the K-Code.

It really is great to see so many people keeping track on what's for sale and identifying parts to try and reunite them with their original car.

Thank you
squeaky
AttraKted

Re: Hello ...

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 am

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with the search for your K code.

I will say that the 68 cars are much easier to document than our K codes, though.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 am

In your search for a K code car, make sure that you have a proper detailed inspection done before any purchase. If you are unfamiliar with these Kars, it is easy to be unaware of the special parts of the body structure, etc. It will be well worth the inspection fee in the end as I have personally witnessed many improperly represented Kars. I have also witnessed a fair number of outright frauds and rebodies. Amazingly, most of the Kars that I have inspected end up not being purchased by the prospective buyer for a number of reasons. Had they been purchased without an inspection, the new owner would have probably found the issues at a later date and really had buyers remorse and a much smaller bank account.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby squeaky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi Fred,

Yes all very good points and I have learnt my lesson the hard way before. I have had a few classics before however a mustang was my first classic I bought as a kid and I think that might be why I'm wanting to get a mustang again.

thanks again
squeaky
AttraKted

Postby evantugby » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:38 am

Squeaky,
Welcome to the forum. When you do find your K-code, make sure to scrutinize it before you buy. Allow some of us on here to help you with asking the right questions and inspecting the right places.

Are you eyeballing anything right now we can help you with?
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Return to New Members