Back here after 5 years.

Briefly introduce yourself, meet new members, or ask Kwestions on the use of the forums and this website. Stories and status updates about Kars should be posted in the Shop TalK section of the Members Only forum.

Back here after 5 years.

Postby rburton1961 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 am

Wow, sad to see that after 5 years of being away from this site it still amounts to little more than a "sewing circle" consisting of the same 5 or 6 old women chatting and bashing other peoples cars and car parts. I was especially amused to see these people, with nothing better to do, talking about a bellhousing that I had listed on eBay. IRS? Avoiding eBay fees? Really? I wish this site was about something relevant because the cars that it represents are pretty cool. Shame on you old women, shame on you.
rburton1961
eKsposed

Re: Back here after 5 years.

Postby zray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Yeah, you got us pegged.

We used-ta hang out over on the quilting forum, but them grandma's were too tough on us and called us names, and made us cry. So we hang out here where nobody cares how old and feeble we are.

Z.
zray
LunatiK

Postby JPhil » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:10 pm

rburton1961 wrote:Wow, sad to see that after 5 years of being away from this site it still amounts to little more than a "sewing circle" consisting of the same 5 or 6 old women chatting and bashing other peoples cars and car parts. I was especially amused to see these people, with nothing better to do, talking about a bellhousing that I had listed on eBay. IRS? Avoiding eBay fees? Really? I wish this site was about something relevant because the cars that it represents are pretty cool. Shame on you old women, shame on you.

Looking forward to your relevant input.

JP
JPhil
RidiKulous

Postby pony65k » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:53 pm

rburton1961 wrote:Wow, sad to see that after 5 years of being away from this site it still amounts to little more than a "sewing circle" consisting of the same 5 or 6 old women chatting and bashing other peoples cars and car parts. I was especially amused to see these people, with nothing better to do, talking about a bellhousing that I had listed on eBay. IRS? Avoiding eBay fees? Really? I wish this site was about something relevant because the cars that it represents are pretty cool. Shame on you old women, shame on you.

This "sewing circle" has been an endless supply of help to me sourcing parts and expanding my knowledge. The "old women" in here have an incredible amount of knowledge of these cars. I have never seen anyone "bash" cars or parts. I have however seen constructive comments that have led people to make their own informed decision before parting with their hard earned money for parts that either a) aren't correct for their particular car or b) are being sold as something they are not. In terms of cars, this area is a minefield and the "old women" here make this a safer area to wander through.

This site is an incredible asset to all of us, well most of us.

See you in 5 years.

René
pony65k
RidiKulous

Postby K-Conv » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:27 pm

I'm new here. Tell me about your car.
K-Conv
AttraKted

Return to New Members