Briefly introduce yourself, meet new members, or ask Kwestions on the use of the forums and this website. Stories and status updates about Kars should be posted in the Shop TalK section of the Members Only forum.

Postby rsk289 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:09 am

Hi all,

I hope it's OK for me to join this forum - please say if not!
I'm a bit of a fraud, as my Mustang is a '68 FB with a stroked 351W, T5 etc. However I do own a K-code engine. It's fitted in a '65 AC Cobra 289, and is a 5-bolt block with an aluminium-case T10 behind it. I'm running an Autolite 4100 with Autolite hipo distributor, original heads but a Compcams 271 solid lifter 'modern' cam. The car is just finished (or as finished as they ever are). The knowledge on this forum is very helpful, having already given me a lead on an idle timing issue. There's more expertise here than I can find on any of the Cobra forums!

Roger
rsk289
eKsposed

Re: New member

Postby JPhil » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 am

Welcome Roger.
Post up some pictures, we'd love to see the beasts! 8-)

JP
JPhil
RidiKulous

Postby rsk289 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:11 am

rsk289
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:53 am

Welcome aboard and congratulations on mastering the application of photos to this site.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:59 am

This is the first time that I have seen a picture of a narrow bolt pattern aluminum case Ford T10. I thought that they were only on the later multiple bolt pattern Ford T10.

You did an excellent photo set on the issue with the later shorter fork from the pivot to the throwout bearing as opposed to the correct early longer fork.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby rsk289 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:02 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:This is the first time that I have seen a picture of a narrow bolt pattern aluminum case Ford T10. I thought that they were only on the later multiple bolt pattern Ford T10.

You did an excellent photo set on the issue with the later shorter fork from the pivot to the throwout bearing as opposed to the correct early longer fork.

-Fred-

Yes, that's a T10L aluminium case for Cobra, narrow-pattern bellhousing. And you won't believe what hassle that fork gave me - I kept assembling the short one and thinking, 'if I fit that, the bearing's going to fall off inside the bellhousing', but nobody could advise me on why. I didn't know the earlier fork was longer - luckily I found someone with a NOS one which I managed to get which solved the problem.

You wouldn't be 'Fred' from the old Mr F's fomoco forum, would you, by chance?

Roger (UK)
rsk289
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:13 am

rsk289 wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:This is the first time that I have seen a picture of a narrow bolt pattern aluminum case Ford T10. I thought that they were only on the later multiple bolt pattern Ford T10.

-Fred-

Yes, that's a T10L aluminium case for Cobra, narrow-pattern bellhousing. And you won't believe what hassle that fork gave me - I kept assembling the short one and thinking, 'if I fit that, the bearing's going to fall off inside the bellhousing', but nobody could advise me on why. I didn't know the earlier fork was longer - luckily I found someone with a NOS one which I managed to get which solved the problem.

You wouldn't be 'Fred' from the old Mr F's fomoco forum, would you, by chance?

Roger (UK)

Now I just learned something new on the T10L transmission as I have never run into one. I just rebuilt a T10M for a 65 Shelby guy in northern California a few months ago. Now I understand the difference between the T10L and the T10M.

No I am not that Fred and I am unaware of the forum you are mentioning. Is that a good or bad thing that I am not that Fred?

I have a couple of good used versions of that fork and I have sold several in the past to alleviate the situation that you had.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:15 am

Maybe it is a problem with my computer but for some reason some of your pictures appear to be reversed as the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :)

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby zray » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:23 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:Maybe it is a problem with my computer but for some reason some of your pictures appear to be reversed as the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :)

-Fred-

When that happens to me. I also see double double of everything everything. .

Z

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby rsk289 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:29 am

No, the steering wheel is on the right side. Well, it certainly isn't on the left...

The Mustang's is on the 'correct' side, though. That photo was taken at this year's Classic Le Mans race meeting - the '68 is a real favourite for driving in France on long, empty roads with the wheel on the 'correct' side!

Neither good nor bad for not being that 'Fred'. All Mustang 'Freds' are bound to be great guys. If you have a fork for sale, please let me know, I'd like another as I'm planning to build another unit up...
rsk289
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:40 am

rsk289 wrote:No, the steering wheel is on the right side. Well, it certainly isn't on the left...

The Mustang's is on the 'correct' side, though. That photo was taken at this year's Classic Le Mans race meeting - the '68 is a real favourite for driving in France on long, empty roads with the wheel on the 'correct' side!

Neither good nor bad for not being that 'Fred'. All Mustang 'Freds' are bound to be great guys. If you have a fork for sale, please let me know, I'd like another as I'm planning to build another unit up...

Yes, I can spare one of these early forks so just please send me an email.

-Fred-
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby pony65k » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello Roger, welcome aboard.

That's some mighty fine toys you have there. That Cobra is stunning. Nice to see a car with the steering wheel on the correct side for a change :D

Yeah, Fred is one of the good guys. I got a few parts from him, so you'll have no issues.

That's odd. The first time I clicked on the first link an album came up, now it's only one photo. I think my morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet :?

René
pony65k
RidiKulous

Postby cobraboy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:07 am

Well I am only 6 months late with the welcome :D
Hi Roger !!!!!

Mark
13th April 1965 Dearborn K GT
cobraboy
RidiKulous