New Member with VIN question

Briefly introduce yourself, meet new members, or ask Kwestions on the use of the forums and this website. Stories and status updates about Kars should be posted in the Shop TalK section of the Members Only forum.

New Member with VIN question

Postby jeffrey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Been a searcher of a HIPO and finally restoring a rusty turd but all the numbers are there with the tranny and 9 inch. Have been collecting HIPO parts for that day, knowing that I'd probably find a FB that would be stripped of its original drive rain and rusty. This car is now in the registry. I have collected, because of value at the time, two 4 speeds. Didn't have a use at the time so I didn't look too close at the very rusty but intact tags. Seller said they were out of Fairlanes. Now IDing them, both are HEH-T. Doing more scrapping revealed both have VIN numbers on them. One coupe and one FB, both 1965. Heres my question for the Registry folks. These VIN numbers are not in the registry. Even though trannys aren't cars, would just their numbers help the "stats" for the registry? The cars might or might not still be out there.
jeffrey
AttraKted

Re: New Member with VIN question

Postby jwc66k » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Jeffrey,
Having been involved with the Jim Haskell-Jim Smart Mustang Production Guide project, a strong yes is the answer. Anytime a VIN comes up that can fill in the blanks it is welcomed.
Jim
jwc66k
RidiKulous

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Jeffrey, Thank you for thoughts on the "stats" regarding transmission VINs. The registry already has a provision for separate transmission and engine VINs and there are a fair number of these already in the registry. You could also help by posting the VINs in this topic as there may be people with Kars not already registered that would have a chance to find their transmission.

Best of luck with your restoration.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby jeffrey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Thank you Fred and Jim. I will list them in the registry.
jeffrey
AttraKted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 pm

I had also suggested that you also list them in this topic because the registry does not get published for public view that often. Even then, it will be just a number without your name attached. It might be quite a while before those VINs see the light of day. At least if they are listed here, somebody knows who has them. The registry is private and does not give information on who has what.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to New Members