Heater hose neck elbow - Restricted

Anything goes! Please keep it Klean and tame. Not a place for dirty laundry.

Heater hose neck elbow - Restricted

Postby Morsel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I have a February 1966 San Jose K fastback, was looking to replace my heater hose neck elbow because it was previously painted and when I removed the paint, the gold zinc coating was wasted. But when I got it off I noticed that it was a restricted type of elbow, meaning tapered on the inside where the hose attaches.

So, where can I get one of these or should I not worry and just get a repro, although the repro ones I've seen aren't that great looking, also very thin and light compared to this one. Should I just blast this one and re-plate it... that's another option I guess.

Thanks,

Jason
Morsel
OKKupied

Re: Heater hose neck elbow - Restricted

Postby jwc66k » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:48 pm

The fitting you need is C6AZ-18599-B. Do a search. There are several aftermarket sellers and maybe NOS on e-bay.
Jim
jwc66k
RidiKulous

Postby Morsel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:00 pm

jwc66k wrote:The fitting you need is C6AZ-18599-B. Do a search. There are several aftermarket sellers and maybe NOS on e-bay.
Jim

Thanks for the response, but this is the same one I actually got and it's not the restricted version, maybe I don't need it, but I read somewhere that the restricted version started getting used to control heating issues in 66 Kars. I wish I could upload a picture of mine, but I keep getting upload errors when I try, even at 800px x 800px.

Thanks,

Jason
Morsel
OKKupied

Postby Morsel » Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 am

OK, I'm bringing back this thread because I ended up just using the standard heater hose neck elbow that Jim responded with and what I guess most people use. But since I replaced my restricted version with the non-restricted version, my car has been over heating when sitting in slow speeds or idle, which it never used to do prior to switching to this non-restricted version. So the question is am I the only one that seemed to have this restricted elbow piece or this problem?

There's one on eBay right now that I'm thinking of getting, but the guy zinc plated it silver and not gold, but I can't seem to find these anywhere, does anyone have a source for these or a decent original laying around they'd like to sell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Hi ... Ciid%253A1

Thanks,

Jason
Morsel
OKKupied

Return to General disKussion