hi-po registry

Anything goes! Please keep it Klean and tame. Not a place for dirty laundry.

hi-po registry

Postby kobila1 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm selling my K-code and a potential buyer wants the VIN# to verify it on the registry. Is this something I should do and does any one have access to the registry if they have the VIN# but not a car registered? Thanks.
kobila1
AttraKted

Re: hi-po registry

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun May 07, 2017 7:13 pm

If you have a serious buyer, the VIN number is necessary to verify if the kar is genuine. Anyone registered on this site can search a VIN number to see if it is listed in the Registry. Keep in mind that there are many genuine K Code Mustangs that are not listed in the Registry. We make every effort to encourage anyone who has information regarding VIN numbers that are not yet listed to contact MARV to submit the VIN number.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby kobila1 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:38 pm

SixT5HiPo.....Thank you for your response. I will tell the potential buyer that he must be registered to access the registry.
I suppose if he isn't he may know someone who is. I just needed to know it was a legitimate request.
kobila1
AttraKted

Postby 289kford » Mon May 08, 2017 9:21 am

you can search registry with out being logged in here

http://www.hipomustang.com/default2.asp?page=search
289kford
Kommitted

Postby kobila1 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:20 pm

You are correct. I guess it's not such a secret society as I thought.Just kidding. For some reason I did think it was more private.
The info. it reveals is pretty basic I guess. Thanks for the reply.
kobila1
AttraKted

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon May 08, 2017 4:53 pm

kobila1 wrote:...I guess it's not such a secret society as I thought.Just kidding. For some reason I did think it was more private.
The info. it reveals is pretty basic I guess...

I didn't know the VIN Search worked that way. I'm always "logged in" when I use it.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Postby 289kford » Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Yes that is pretty basic info. About the only thing you learn is what state it was in when it was registered. I thought that when I submitted mine to the registry I entered the data plate info too. That info, I think is in the hipo book registry, don't know if that info can be found on this hipo site.
Now, if I google my VIN, I get a hit on this site. http://www.early-mustang.com/userrunner ... ?goto=1359
That you can see has non K cars as well, and the data plate info for some of the cars. I do not where that info came from. Maybe I registered there and don't remember. There is 782 K cars on the site. Google your VIN, see if it pops up.
Home page, lots of info http://www.early-mustang.com
289kford
Kommitted

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon May 08, 2017 9:30 pm

289kford wrote:Yes that is pretty basic info. About the only thing you learn is what state it was in when it was registered. I thought that when I submitted mine to the registry I entered the data plate info too. That info, I think is in the hipo book registry, don't know if that info can be found on this hipo site.
Now, if I google my VIN, I get a hit on this site. http://www.early-mustang.com/userrunner ... ?goto=1359
That you can see has non K cars as well, and the data plate info for some of the cars. I do not where that info came from. Maybe I registered there and don't remember. There is 782 K cars on the site. Google your VIN, see if it pops up.
Home page, lots of info http://www.early-mustang.com

The information that you pulled up here is actually from the "In Search Of Mustangs" book by Jim Smart and Jim Haskell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby kobila1 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I learned something new.
kobila1
AttraKted

Postby zray » Wed May 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Just to play the devils advocate, the information in the HiiPo registry is supplied in a similar way as the info in the SAAC Shelby registry. It all comes from owners, and for the most part is unverified. I view the registry as a nice indicator of fact and legitimacy, not absolute proof of anything.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby 6R07K » Thu May 11, 2017 7:01 am

Also worth noting the registry isn't maintained as I have been trying since 2010 to get a change made.
Cheers

Ben
66 GT Koupe
6R07K
AttraKted

Postby evantugby » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:38 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:If you have a serious buyer, the VIN number is necessary to verify if the kar is genuine. Anyone registered on this site can search a VIN number to see if it is listed in the Registry. Keep in mind that there are many genuine K Code Mustangs that are not listed in the Registry. We make every effort to encourage anyone who has information regarding VIN numbers that are not yet listed to contact MARV to submit the VIN number.

Does anyone know Marv and perhaps why I haven't heard from him yet? I updated the K-code registry with my Kar's vin and haven't heard anything in a couple weeks.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby zray » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 pm

evantugby wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:If you have a serious buyer, the VIN number is necessary to verify if the kar is genuine. Anyone registered on this site can search a VIN number to see if it is listed in the Registry. Keep in mind that there are many genuine K Code Mustangs that are not listed in the Registry. We make every effort to encourage anyone who has information regarding VIN numbers that are not yet listed to contact MARV to submit the VIN number.

Does anyone know Marv and perhaps why I haven't heard from him yet? I updated the K-code registry with my Kar's vin and haven't heard anything in a couple weeks.

A couple of weeks ?? ?? ?? Try waiting a couple of years. As already pointed out, it's not being maintained.
Even the SAAC registries only come out every 10 years or longer

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby evantugby » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 pm

ZRay,
You might be pinging. And perhaps Marv should be fired. ;)
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signalflare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
evantugby
OKKupied

Postby zray » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:15 pm

I've never had good luck firing the boss.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Return to General disKussion