Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:52 am

THIS set of HiPo main bearing caps is for sale by eBay member " brando777 " with a starting bid of $999.99.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:29 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS set of HiPo main bearing caps is for sale by eBay member " brando777 " with a starting bid of $999.99.


SOLD for $1,150.00. WoW!
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 pm

THIS set of used HiPo main bearing caps is for sale by eBay member " brando777 " with a starting bid of a cool $1000.00. These appear to be the same caps recently sold on eBay. Go figure.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby C6ZZKGT » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:08 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS set of used HiPo main bearing caps is for sale by eBay member " brando777 " with a starting bid of a cool $1000.00. These appear to be the same caps recently sold on eBay. Go figure.


This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 am

HERE'S a set of used main bearing caps fresh off the block for sale by eBay member " 6s236 ".

"289 hipo main caps. in good shape. I have had these for 35 years. block doesn't go with them."
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE'S a set of used main bearing caps fresh off the block for sale by eBay member " 6s236 ".

"289 hipo main caps. in good shape. I have had these for 35 years. block doesn't go with them."


The rear main cap in this set is a standard and NOT a Hipo main cap.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE'S a set of used main bearing caps fresh off the block for sale by eBay member " 6s236 ".

"289 hipo main caps. in good shape. I have had these for 35 years. block doesn't go with them."


The rear main cap in this set is a standard and NOT a Hipo main cap.

-Fred-


The seller noted the fact that the rear cap may not be a Hipo in their update and ended the auction on December 29, 2017.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:10 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE'S a set of used main bearing caps fresh off the block for sale by eBay member " 6s236 ".

"289 hipo main caps. in good shape. I have had these for 35 years. block doesn't go with them."


The rear main cap in this set is a standard and NOT a Hipo main cap.

-Fred-


The seller noted the fact that the rear cap may not be a Hipo in their update and ended the auction on December 29, 2017.

-Fred-


I give the seller high marks for their integrity in ending the auction early.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:The seller noted the fact that the rear cap may not be a Hipo in their update and ended the auction on December 29, 2017.

-Fred-


Does that mean the other caps were not HiPo either?
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Used HiPo Main Bearing Caps

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:16 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:The seller noted the fact that the rear cap may not be a Hipo in their update and ended the auction on December 29, 2017.

-Fred-


Does that mean the other caps were not HiPo either?


The other caps were Hipo ones and only the rear one was incorrect. I have seen this a number of times where people are unaware of the difference.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Previous

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron