Correct bell housing?

Give or seeK advice Koncerning a restoration, sources of parts, feedbacK about vendors and restoration services, or whatever help you may need.

Correct bell housing?

Postby 64.5kcode » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Would anyone happen to know the correct part number or markings on 64 1/2 K (June build date) bell housing? The reason I ask is because I just purchased what was supposed to be the correct throw out bearing fork for my motor. When installed it was about 1/2 inch from being centered on the centerline of the crank shaft. Called the retailer and they say the one I received should be correct. The only other thing it could be is the wrong 5 bolt bell housing. Numbers on the current bell housing are C3AA-6394-C. Thanks
64.5kcode
eKsposed

Re: Correct bell housing?

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:10 pm

64.5kcode wrote:Would anyone happen to know the correct part number or markings on 64 1/2 K (June build date) bell housing? The reason I ask is because I just purchased what was supposed to be the correct throw out bearing fork for my motor. When installed it was about 1/2 inch from being centered on the centerline of the crank shaft. Called the retailer and they say the one I received should be correct. The only other thing it could be is the wrong 5 bolt bell housing. Numbers on the current bell housing are C3AA-6394-C. Thanks

I have seen this problem in the past. You do have the correct bell housing. The fork that you have is too short from the bell housing pivot to the throwout bearing. You might email me with a picture of what you have. I do have the correct one but it is my last one.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby 64.5kcode » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:23 am

Try as I might I am unable to attach a picture to this e-mail.
64.5kcode
eKsposed

Postby C6ZZKGT » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 am

64.5kcode wrote:Try as I might I am unable to attach a picture to this e-mail.

This forum is not an email. Click the box to the right of the PM box in this window, which is the email box, and send an email without the picture first. I will respond from there.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Return to Restoration