New Fuel Injection 8V Induction Kit

Anything from daily drivers to weekend warriors. Get info about performance parts/upgrades and those not-so-original parts.

New Fuel Injection 8V Induction Kit

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Saw THIS on FleaBay...Questions? Comments?
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Re: New Fuel Injection 8V Induction Kit

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Saw THIS on FleaBay...Questions? Comments?

It would be a lot more cool if it was some old school unit.

I was just at the NHRA World Finals today. I know that there has not been a carburetor on a factory produced American car since 1985 when everything went to fuel injection. Pro stock cars always impressed me when door slammers running on carburetors and gasoline were running times in the 6's at around 200 MPH. NHRA changed the rules a couple of years ago to eliminate carburetors in Pro stock and use fuel injection. There statement at the time was that they were just trying to keep up with the changes in the auto industry being as carburetors had been obsolete for over 30 years by that time. The fuel injection has worked out well for the Pro stock ranks but I am just too old school to want to use a modern fuel injection system on our classic Mustangs. :(

That is just my 1 1/2 cents.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
C6ZZKGT
Klassic

Postby zray » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am

I don't have old cars because it's easy. I have them because I enjoy the challenges. I'm all for modifications, IF those mods were available in the 1960's. Otherwise, you might as well be driving a new car and be done with it.

Fuel injection (modern), 5 or 6 speed manual transmissions, AOD transmissions, coil over shocks, 16"+ wheels, all of that may appeal to some folks, but for me, those things just dilute the vintage car experience.

Z
zray
LunatiK

Postby proudKowner » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am

I suppose if I had lots of money the FI would be cool and it would be easy to tune but like other posters I love a challenge.

I was at the Final's on opening day of qualifying, enjoy watching the Sportsman racers as instead of the Pros.

There was a '65 Green FB in SS/KA that the announcer said was a HiPo. Last year I looked at it in the pits and don't recall seeing a K engine in it. The car was pretty darn fast (10.30s at over 126.90 MPH) regardless what 289 it was running.

Here's a link to the team;

http://www.morenoracing.com/keen-racing.html

I have a few pictures of the car and engine but can't post 'em here.

Kevin
proudKowner
Kommitted

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

This injection setup is clearly NOT for the K Code Mustangs. Most would agree the genuine K's should remain stock, or use the factory COBRA Kits that were available from FORD.

In light of the recent SEMA Show, It's interesting to see what the aftermarket is offering to the restomod crowd that runs the 289.
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!

Return to Modified