Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Post links and desKriptions of 289 HiPo/K-Kode specifiK parts you see on ebay or other Kar sites. This seKtion used to help determine the Kurrent value of items.

Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:19 pm

This rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " fordluvr2 " for $499.99, or make an offer.

DESCRIPTION: "This is an original 65-66 Mustang (SHELBY GT-350) Kelsey Hayes disc brake proportioning valve. The valve has been disassembled completely, cleaned, new seals and fittings installed, detailed and reassembled. Ready to bolt in. Don't miss this opportunity. If you have any questions ask before bidding, again this part is 40 years old and is not a new reproduction part. I will do my best to answer questions as accurately as possible. Item sold as is."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby zray » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 am

Just an FYI to anyone looking for this part:

Jim Cowles of Shelby Parts and Restoration in Green Bay, Wisconsin sells completely restored prop valves that have the correct plating etc. for a little more than 1/2 this eBay price.
Last edited by zray on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zray
LunatiK
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 pm

zray wrote:Just an FYI to anyone looking for this part:

Jim Cowles of Shwlby Parts and Restoration in Fgreen Bay, Wisconsin sells completely restored prop valves that have the correct plating etc. for a little more than 1/2 this eBay price.


Excellent information, Z!!

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:18 pm

zray wrote:Just an FYI to anyone looking for this part:

Jim Cowles of Shwlby Parts and Restoration in Fgreen Bay, Wisconsin sells completely restored prop valves that have the correct plating etc. for a little more than 1/2 this eBay price.



Thanks for posting that. It's good to know about other options.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:37 am

Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:This rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " fordluvr2 " for $499.99, or make an offer.

{b]DESCRIPTION[/b]: "This is an original 65-66 Mustang (SHELBY GT-350) Kelsey Hayes disc brake proportioning valve. The valve has been disassembled completely, cleaned, new seals and fittings installed, detailed and reassembled. Ready to bolt in. Don't miss this opportunity. If you have any questions ask before bidding, again this part is 40 years old and is not a new reproduction part. I will do my best to answer questions as accurately as possible. Item sold as is."

eBay Link


Price reduced to $399.99.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:56 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link


Listing ended with NO sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:00 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale.


Relisted HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:14 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.


Ended with NO sale.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:55 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:This rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " fordluvr2 " for $499.99, or make an offer.

{b]DESCRIPTION[/b]: "This is an original 65-66 Mustang (SHELBY GT-350) Kelsey Hayes disc brake proportioning valve. The valve has been disassembled completely, cleaned, new seals and fittings installed, detailed and reassembled. Ready to bolt in. Don't miss this opportunity. If you have any questions ask before bidding, again this part is 40 years old and is not a new reproduction part. I will do my best to answer questions as accurately as possible. Item sold as is."

eBay Link

Price reduced to $399.99.



"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:43 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.

Ended with NO sale.


Relisted HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:Here's another rebuilt valve for sale from eBay member " orlandomustang1966 " for $479.00.

DESCRIPTION: "Professionally Rebuilt at Orlando Mustang with 1 year warranty. This is an original Kelsey Hayes Proportioning Valve for disc brake application. Concours Correct Part, ready to install. Rebuilt: 12/2014."

eBay Link

Listing ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.

Ended with NO sale.

Relisted HERE.


SOLD for $479.00.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby evantugby » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Gents,
Should I buy one or rebuild my own? Mine is leaking a bit. Anyone rebuild these before? If so, can you recommend a rebuild kit and perhaps an instructional tutorial?

Thank you kindly.

I have a 1966 Kar with rear drums and front disks. The proportioning valve is original Kelsey Hayes. Thanks!

Evan
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
User avatar
evantugby
Kommitted
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 1:19 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 pm

evantugby wrote:Gents,
Should I buy one or rebuild my own? Mine is leaking a bit. Anyone rebuild these before? If so, can you recommend a rebuild kit and perhaps an instructional tutorial?

Thank you kindly.

I have a 1966 Kar with rear drums and front disks. The proportioning valve is original Kelsey Hayes. Thanks!

Evan


Generally the bores become corroded enough that they need to be sleeved, but not always. The rebuild kits are readily available but be aware that there are two different styles and you will not know which one until you take it apart. The kits do NOT interchange. If all else fails, I still have a couple of NOS valves in stock.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby evantugby » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 am

C6ZZKGT wrote:
evantugby wrote:Gents,
Should I buy one or rebuild my own? Mine is leaking a bit. Anyone rebuild these before? If so, can you recommend a rebuild kit and perhaps an instructional tutorial?

Thank you kindly.

I have a 1966 Kar with rear drums and front disks. The proportioning valve is original Kelsey Hayes. Thanks!

Evan


Generally the bores become corroded enough that they need to be sleeved, but not always. The rebuild kits are readily available but be aware that there are two different styles and you will not know which one until you take it apart. The kits do NOT interchange. If all else fails, I still have a couple of NOS valves in stock.

-Fred-


Fred, I would have liked to expand my knowledge and rebuild my own but read some bad stories of guys doing this. I might send mine to the guys at www.whitepost.com to rebuild it.
Currently: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback, K-code, HiPo, GT-350 Clone, Signal flare Red, black interior
Formerly: 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, A-code, Wimbledon White, red interior
User avatar
evantugby
Kommitted
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 1:19 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:45 am

evantugby wrote:
C6ZZKGT wrote:
evantugby wrote:Gents,
Should I buy one or rebuild my own? Mine is leaking a bit. Anyone rebuild these before? If so, can you recommend a rebuild kit and perhaps an instructional tutorial?

Thank you kindly.

I have a 1966 Kar with rear drums and front disks. The proportioning valve is original Kelsey Hayes. Thanks!

Evan


Generally the bores become corroded enough that they need to be sleeved, but not always. The rebuild kits are readily available but be aware that there are two different styles and you will not know which one until you take it apart. The kits do NOT interchange. If all else fails, I still have a couple of NOS valves in stock.

-Fred-


Fred, I would have liked to expand my knowledge and rebuild my own but read some bad stories of guys doing this. I might send mine to the guys at http://www.whitepost.com to rebuild it.


Whitepost does the sleeving which is a good upgrade.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm

THIS rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by ebay member " guntrucker " with a starting bid of $359.00.

"Professionally and meticulously rebuilt Kelsey Hayes (56653) adjustable disc brake proportioning valve for a 1965-1966 Mustang and Shelby. This valve has been completely rebuilt with new stainless steel sleeves. The piston assembly was disassembled, cleaned, inspected and is in excellent condition with new piston seals. The valve body has been painted the original gray color with a new outer rubber band. Absolutely no incorrect silver paint or gold paint. The adjuster plug and jam nut are both the correct bright cadmium finish and all exposed bare metal parts have been cleared to help prevent future rust. The valve spring and adjusting mechanism are both in excellent, rust free condition with a new end cap O-ring. The brake bias has been pre-set and the number on the end cap is 76-5, St Patrick's Day (March 17, 1965)"
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:06 pm

HERE'S a rebuilt proportioning valve for sale by eBay member acman63" for $495.00, or make an offer.

"Shelby Mustang disc brake proportioning valve 1965/66. This is a concours restored Kelsey Hayes prop valve. stripped to bare cast. sleeved bores, black exterior finish, machine bare proper surfaces, cad plated adjuster, di-chromate plated jamb nut. These came on all 1965-66 Gt350s and Mustang V8s with Disc brakes, Restoration cost on doing one of these is $295 if you have a good core with no issues."



A
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:37 am

THIS restored proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " wunderwerks " with a starting bid of $315.00.

"Totally cleaned, honed, new kit installed and and exterior refinished as original. Brass fitting seats have not been replaced."
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by ebay member " guntrucker " with a starting bid of $359.00.

"Professionally and meticulously rebuilt Kelsey Hayes (56653) adjustable disc brake proportioning valve for a 1965-1966 Mustang and Shelby. This valve has been completely rebuilt with new stainless steel sleeves. The piston assembly was disassembled, cleaned, inspected and is in excellent condition with new piston seals. The valve body has been painted the original gray color with a new outer rubber band. Absolutely no incorrect silver paint or gold paint. The adjuster plug and jam nut are both the correct bright cadmium finish and all exposed bare metal parts have been cleared to help prevent future rust. The valve spring and adjusting mechanism are both in excellent, rust free condition with a new end cap O-ring. The brake bias has been pre-set and the number on the end cap is 76-5, St Patrick's Day (March 17, 1965)"


Ended and NOT sold.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby SixT5HiPo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:22 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by ebay member " guntrucker " with a starting bid of $359.00.

"Professionally and meticulously rebuilt Kelsey Hayes (56653) adjustable disc brake proportioning valve for a 1965-1966 Mustang and Shelby. This valve has been completely rebuilt with new stainless steel sleeves. The piston assembly was disassembled, cleaned, inspected and is in excellent condition with new piston seals. The valve body has been painted the original gray color with a new outer rubber band. Absolutely no incorrect silver paint or gold paint. The adjuster plug and jam nut are both the correct bright cadmium finish and all exposed bare metal parts have been cleared to help prevent future rust. The valve spring and adjusting mechanism are both in excellent, rust free condition with a new end cap O-ring. The brake bias has been pre-set and the number on the end cap is 76-5, St Patrick's Day (March 17, 1965)"

Ended and NOT sold.


Listed again with a slightly lower starting bid of $349.00 HERE.
User avatar
SixT5HiPo
Enforcer!
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:12 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:HERE'S a rebuilt proportioning valve for sale by eBay member acman63" for $495.00, or make an offer.

"Shelby Mustang disc brake proportioning valve 1965/66. This is a concours restored Kelsey Hayes prop valve. stripped to bare cast. sleeved bores, black exterior finish, machine bare proper surfaces, cad plated adjuster, di-chromate plated jamb nut. These came on all 1965-66 Gt350s and Mustang V8s with Disc brakes, Restoration cost on doing one of these is $295 if you have a good core with no issues."



A


This rebuilt proportioning valve was ended by the seller stating "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 pm

SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS restored proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " wunderwerks " with a starting bid of $315.00.

"Totally cleaned, honed, new kit installed and and exterior refinished as original. Brass fitting seats have not been replaced."


This valve received no bids by February 12, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm

C6ZZKGT wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS restored proportioning valve is for sale by eBay member " wunderwerks " with a starting bid of $315.00.

"Totally cleaned, honed, new kit installed and and exterior refinished as original. Brass fitting seats have not been replaced."


This valve received no bids by February 12, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-


This valve is back on Ebay again with no changes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183076521394?V ... 3076521394

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Re: Rebuilt K-H Proportioning Valve

Postby C6ZZKGT » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:26 am

SixT5HiPo wrote:
SixT5HiPo wrote:THIS rebuilt proportioning valve is for sale by ebay member " guntrucker " with a starting bid of $359.00.

"Professionally and meticulously rebuilt Kelsey Hayes (56653) adjustable disc brake proportioning valve for a 1965-1966 Mustang and Shelby. This valve has been completely rebuilt with new stainless steel sleeves. The piston assembly was disassembled, cleaned, inspected and is in excellent condition with new piston seals. The valve body has been painted the original gray color with a new outer rubber band. Absolutely no incorrect silver paint or gold paint. The adjuster plug and jam nut are both the correct bright cadmium finish and all exposed bare metal parts have been cleared to help prevent future rust. The valve spring and adjusting mechanism are both in excellent, rust free condition with a new end cap O-ring. The brake bias has been pre-set and the number on the end cap is 76-5, St Patrick's Day (March 17, 1965)"

Ended and NOT sold.


Listed again with a slightly lower starting bid of $349.00 HERE.


This valve received no bids by February 20, 2018 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-
66 K GT Fastback Silver Frost / Black Pony Interior
66 K GT Fastback Signal Flare Red / Black Pony Interior
65 K Coupe Phoenician Yellow / Black Standard Interior
65 A Code 4 speed Ranchero
64 289 4 Speed Falcon Sedan Delivery
66 Corvette 427 Roadster
User avatar
C6ZZKGT
Klassic
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am
Location: Canyon Country, California

Next

Return to Parts: Drivetrain or Body

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests